It's all coming together

Start from the beginning

"But Johnny didn't hold up his end of the deal because of the offer father and I made."

"And now that he is dead, Jerome wants his successor to complete the job."

"The job being killing me."

"We won't let that happen son." Dante placed a reassuring hand on Kaiden's shoulder.

"Alright, but from now on we are going to be handling this my way."

"As you wish."

"Dad, are you still in contact with Judge Martinelli?"

"Of course, we play golf every time I fly down to Tuscany."

"Good, we're going to need his help."

"Should I go back to Jerome and pretend I don't know what's going on so that we have a spy on the inside?"

"Like fucking hell I'm letting him anywhere near you. You will stay here with my mother and recover, father and I will take care of Jerome."

"Pray tell, how so son?" Athena questions.

"It's simple really, we will plant evidence of corporate espionage across everything Jerome has worked on the past year. Dad will convince Judge Martinelli to trial Jerome's case and instead of fining him, have him sentenced to the maximum amount of jail time."

"That's actually a brilliant idea compared to what I had in mind."

"And what would that be dear?"

"I'd phone Fernando and ask him to put a bounty on Jerome's head."

"I'm not a killer mother, although that's quiet tempting after all he has done." Kaiden holds Nova close and plants a kiss on her temple.

"The sooner we get this into motion, the better. I don't like the idea of my son's life being in danger.

"Neither do I." Nova responds.

"I'll be fine, I have so much to live for."

A few days later

"I've never seen him so happy." Alessio spoke, joining his mother in watching Nova and Kaiden from the kitchen window.

"I just have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, that their happiness is going to be short lived."

"Don't say that ma, everything will go according to plan."

___________________________________________

"What time do you have to leave?" Nova questioned whilst laying on Kaiden's chest, the freshly cut grass beneath them offering ample cushion.

"In an hour or so."

"I wish I was coming with you. I want to see the smug look get wiped of Jerome's face when the police show up at his office and take him away in handcuffs in front of everybody."

"There's my feisty woman." Kaiden laughed.

"Not funny." Nova sulked, getting off his chest.

"Hey look at me."

Nova turns around to witness Kaiden holding a tiny box in his hand, a shimmering diamond ring sitting in it.

"I'm not doing this conventionally and getting down on one knee, because nothing about us screams basic. It may have taken my feelings a bit longer to catch up to yours, but now that they're on the same wavelength, all I want to do is scream how much I love you. I know we have a shit load to figure out, but we can do anything together - so Nova Stratford, will you marry me?"

"Are you crazy, Kaiden I barely remember you."

"Your body remembers me quite well, so does your heart. Shouldn't that be enough?"

"Yes."

"Yes?"

"Yes, I will marry you."

"Thank God for that." Kaiden swept up Nova in his arms and the two shared a passionate kiss, all while hearing the cheers coming from the kitchen.

"I want to do this as soon as possible, when my father and I get back so you and mum better start planning."