"Sir he is a newbie!" Valentina argued. "He has no case to name in his record. How can we expect such inexperienced advocates to handle a high-risk celebrity case?"

"Ahem!" Advocate Ahaan, concealed his growing giggle with a cough. As the attention shifted towards him, he waved off his hands and leaned back in his comfortable chair. "Ms Matthew. You were once the same. Same as inexperienced as Shivaay. Never forget your roots, and where you come from."

"I'm so widespread in this field all because of you, my ex-husband." Ahaan paled shortly as Valentina taunted. "I hope you have enough money to pay up this month's alimony. Probably men are the most egotistical animals I have ever seen. Once their wives start growing up on the professional front they feel like being jabbed. I grew up and you cheated on me."

"Tina stop it right now!" Ahaan growled. "I didn't cheat! I would never!"

Shivaay stood up from his place and struggled to curb the senior advocate, who was ready to pounce on the other senior.

"Ma'am. Sir. Please stop it."

"Shivaay?" Laura, CEO's wife and another senior advocate who deals with property cases called him.

"Yes ma'am?"

"I want you to meet the appellant and try bargaining the arguments. In the end, I want our client responder to have victory. Understood?"

"As clear as my experience." Shivaay bobbed his head.

Hours later Shivaay was drained out. His energy had ebbed nevertheless his enthusiasm didn't. Considering this as his first case, to handle single-handedly without any support he wished to try his two hundred cents.

It was ten at night when he reached home. Knocking on the door slightly, he stood waiting for it to be opened. He was taken aback when his mother opened the door when he thought his wife would.

"Maa?" He raised his brows whilst removing his shoes and socks. "When did you come home? By the way, it is good that you came home. We missed you."

"Chal badmaash." Pinky moved her head in disbelief. They missed her, but she was sure that they missed her food and not her. "Wash up. I will ask Anu to heat the food."

Nodding at her, Shivaay kissed his mother's forehead and moved to pass her to wash up. It took less than ten minutes for him to come out of the bathroom. As he stepped out, he could hear his mother's shrieking.

"Anu, I told you many times to get rotis or other dry food first and then go to the sabzi. And the ladle should be used for daal, not a spoon. When will you learn all these minute details?"

"Aunty Ji, I will get it." Annika skimmed the washed utensils and brought the ladle.

"Before sitting for having food water should always be present."

"I will go." Shivaay stood taking support from his knee.

"You sit! You are just back from your work, let bahu go get you cold water. Won't you beta?"

Annika smiled as she bit her tongue and turned her heels to get the cold water from the refrigerator.

Shivaay held her wrist whilst she was about to run with her broken arm.