Episode 12

Heartbreak

Kapoor House, Nikhil and Naaz's bedroom

Advait comes to Nikhil's room and sees him seated with the first aid kit. Nikhil was trying to apply the anti-septic liquid on his back. While trying to do it, he hurts himself and cries in pain. Advait quickly comes forward, takes the cotton from his hands and says, "What is the need for you to do it all by yourself? You could have taken help from Naaz!!" Nikhil, "Veere, after whatever I have done to Naaz, I don't deserve to expect her to act as my wife and empathize with me in my pains." Advait looked at him sadly; he takes the anti-septic liquid from his hand, dips cotton in it and starts cleaning up his brother's wounds. He asks him, "When you knew falling in love outside marriage was wrong then why did you dare do it?" Nikhil counter asks, "Is love controllable Veere?" Advait was stunned at that question and stops his hands for a moment.

Randhawa House, Mallika's room

Ekam after having changed his clothes comes to Mallika's room. Mallika was busy looking at her Dad's picture. She said, "I'm sorry Dad that I bought a bad name to you and our family today. I didn't mean to do it. I just don't know when it all happened." Ekam clears his throat from behind. Mallika quickly wipes her tears and keeps Jaiveer's photo on the table. Ekam comes forward, sits beside his sister and asks, "Are you alright?" Mallika instantly hugs him and cries, "No bhai, I'm not alright. I'm really sorry...I'm really sorry for whatever happened." Ekam pulls his sister, wipes her tears and says, "Did you forget what happened with you?" Mallika blinks, "When you thought that Nehmat and Advait cheated on you, weren't you heartbroken?" Mallika, "Thought to have cheated? What are you saying bhai? They cheated on both of us!" Ekam sighs and says, "No they hadn't it was our misunderstanding that we thought that they were cheating on us when in reality they weren't." Mallika, "But those photos?" Ekam, "They were someone's ploy to separate us from Nehmat." Mallika was silenced in bewilderment. She could not believe that she doubted on her best-friend and fiancé because of those photos. Ekam continues, "Now leave all that, don't you agree that your heart was broken when you felt that Nehmat and Advait cheated on you?" Mallika weakly nods. Ekam, "So do you want to repeat the same thing with another woman?" Mallika's eyes fill with tears, she cries saying "Bhai, I have always hated Naaz from childhood but believe me I have never wanted to break her marriage." Ekam, "So you agree you were wrong to start an affair with Nikhil?" Mallika, "No bhai I swear on our whole family. Me and Nikhil, we never had an illicit relationship." Ekam catches her hands and says, "Ok ok, I trust my little sister. Now will my little sister agree to something I ask her to do?" Mallika, "To never meet Nikhil again?" Ekam, "No!" Mallika, "Then, what is it Bhai?" Ekam, "Get married!!" Mallika was taken aback.

Kapoor House, Nikhil and Naaz's bedroom

Nikhil to Advait "Veere, I know I was wrong in falling in love with Mallika but I couldn't stop myself from doing it!!" Advait does not respond and continues to use his hands to dress up Nikhil's injuries, Nikhil asks him, "Veere, you are injured too, don't you need to dress your wounds?" Advait angrily, "Leave about me, tell me what will you do to rectify your mistake?" Nikhil sighs and says, "I will try to sort out my relationship with Naaz." Advait was startled, "But hadn't you said that it was too late? That you feel suffocated in this loveless relationship?" Nikhil, "Yes I do but if my actions cause my family trouble then I would do whatever is best for my family." Advait sadly, "Then what about you brother? Your feelings?" Nikhil looks on.

Randhawa House, Mallika's room

Ekam gets up to leave after putting forth the marriage decision in front of his sister, when Mallika stops him asking, "Remember bhai..." Ekam turns his head halfway towards her, Mallika continues "Remember when Mom had put forth the same condition infront of you and you denied because you still have feelings for Nehmat, will you still do the same with me?" Ekam closes his eyes, clenches his fists, turns around and says, "My situation was different Mallika, even though I knew Advait and Nehmat's marriage was a compromise, I never tried to interfere between them. But your case is not the same, knowingly or unknowingly you have come in between Naaz and Nikhil's relationship!!" Ekam swiftly turns around after saying that and leaves from the room, while Mallika gradually leaned sideways onto her bed with tears rolling down her cheeks.