Episode 10

Further Complications

Advait was shocked when Nikhil's secretary told him that Ekam came searching for Nikhil. He gets thinking, "Why would have Ekam come looking for Nikhil? Is it because he came to know about Nikhil and Mallika's affair? But how did he know about it?" He asks the secretary, "Did Ekam reveal why he came to meet Nikhil?" The secretary, "No sir but he looked really vexed up when he came here." Advait to himself, "That means he must be knowing about Nikhil and Mallika. Weren't these two enough to complicate things in my marital life that Ekam too has joined in? I need to stop them all from messing up my lovelife more!!" He hurried out of the office. The secretary was stunned to see him running out.

Kapoor & Co. construction site

Nikhil shocked and hurt with Mallika's words asks her, "What? What do you mean to say? That you don't love me?" Mallika blatantly, "No I don't, it was your misunderstanding that you thought that I have feelings for you. So leave me alone and carry on with your marital life. Understood?" She turns to leave when Nikhil catches her hand and pulls her forcefully. Mallika tries to free herself from his clenches but he holds onto her tightly saying, "I know you are lying Mallika!! Look into my eyes and tell me that you don't love me." Mallika forcefully frees herself from Nikhil's clenches by shaking off his hand from hers looks straight into his eyes and pronounces, "I don't love you Nikhil" Nikhil was completely heartbroken on hearing that. While Mallika quickly turns and leaves, trying to hide her tears.

Nikhil slowly staggers backwards depressed in thoughts. He reaches near the tip of the edge without noticing that that there was a dead end behind and trips from the edge of the building. Fortunately, he manages to hold onto the edge of the building and cries out Mallika's name. Mallika turns around and cups her mouth in shock seeing Nikhil hanging down the edge. She rushes forward to help him up, "Are you mad Nikhil? Why did you take my words so seriously?" Nikhil tries to say that he tripped but couldn't as he was facing difficulty trying to balance his body weight onto his hands. Mallika uses her whole strength to pull Nikhil up and finally with great difficulty manages to pull him upwards. Both sit on their knees and gasp for breath after the strenuous task. When Mallika eventually catches her breath, she looked angrily at Nikhil and started beating him up with her hands saying, "Are you mad? Are you mad? You were about to give your life because I told you to? What if something would have happened to you?" Nikhil stops her holding her hands and asks her, "Why does it matter so much to you if something would have happened to me?" Mallika breaks down into tears and hugs Nikhil saying, "Because I love you Nikhil Kapoor!! I really love you!!" Nikhil was overjoyed to hear that. He pulls Mallika forward and showers her face with kisses when there was a groar heard from behind.

"Nikhil Kapoor!!!" Both turn to see Ekam standing there enraged with reddened eyes. They were left mouth agape to see him in their awkward situation. Ekam comes forward, pulls Nikhil up and starts slapping him growling, "How dare you Nikhil Kapoor? How dare you touch my sister?" Mallika tries to stop him saying, "Bhai, bhai listen to me..." but Ekam pushes her and continues to beat up Nikhil.

Kapoor House, Kitchen

Nehmat is unconsciously stirring a pot of dal recalling her tiff with Advait and burns her hand. She tells herself, "I shouldn't have said all those things to Advait. After all what did he do? I vented out all the frustration which I had hearing Rama Aunty and bua ji's words on him. I hope he wouldn't have taken my words seriously. Maybe I should just call and ask him." Nehmat calls Advait but his phone was out of coverage area. Nehmat wonders, "Where is he?"

Ekam continues to beat Nikhil black and blue with Mallika effortlessly trying to stop him when there was another groar heard, "ACP Ekam Randhawa!!!" Ekam turns around and sees Advait angrily staring him.

------------

To be continued.