Chapter 36: Husband & Wife

Start from the beginning

Avoiding the subject. Smooth move Eric.

I take a nice long shower trying to think of anything else to calm my nerves but nothing helped. I was nervous. I finally got out and put on a little make up and started trying to style my damp hair hoping it will dry fast. After an hour I was finally finished with getting ready, but being mentally ready was a different story. I was starting to panic. I paced the apartment floor not prepared for any of this; I'm not prepared to be married.

I was mid step when I froze at the sound of knocking. Who could that be; nobody comes to Eric's place, I can't just answer the door. This is Eric's apartment there will be questions. I'll just ignore it and pretend that no one's home or I could just say I'm getting paperwork for him or that he left his gun here and that he needs it so he can just shoot me and put me out of my misery. The person was persistent and kept knocking. Come on man up, it's just a door! I finally decided to open the door and there on the other side was Kai.

His knuckles were raised, prepared to knock again. " I came to make sure you didn't get cold feet." He shyly greeted me.

"I don't know if I can do this." I told him my worries '' We can barely get along let alone married. This is for the rest of my life! I came here for a fresh start not to get roped into an arranged marriage" I rant on.

"Hey! Come on now don't think like that you are King, the badass Amity transfer that nobody messes with. You always win; and you may not see it now but Eric is a good guy." He calmly told me. " when he wants to be." He laughed out.

I cracked a smile

"There's that smile." He smiled back "You know what you are going to do now?" I shake my head unsure of what he wants.

" You are going to march your ass right down into Maxs office and show him who's king. And Eric is going to look at your sexy ass in this dress and realize how lucky he is to be marrying you and He's going to lay a big kiss right on your wonderful face and realize he's been wrong all along ." Kai gave his pep talk "so are you ready." he stretched out his hand.

"Yeah" I confidently spoke as I took his hand and we marched our way through dauntless down to the offices ready for this thing to begin. Or so I thought.

We turned the corner to get to Eric's office only to find four standing outside waiting.

"Four!" I happily hugged him " Thank you for doing this "

"It's not a problem. But Kai you might want to get in there and talk to him." he said as he glanced back at the closed door.

Kai winced before he quickly entered the room. I took the empty spot next to four waiting for this whole event to begin.

"Is he mad?" I whispered over to four

"Very." he briefly said " but i'm not sure who at?"

I stayed quiet thinking about what he just told me; then we hear the loud mutters coming from inside the office sounding very angry as they whisper yell back and forth at each other. Suddenly I was startled out of my thoughts with the door quickly being ripped open by Eric who marched out With Kai following behind.

I hesitantly turned to four and gave him a nervous look. "Guess we should follow." I whispered.

 Four took my hand giving it a squeeze of comfort and started to lead me to Maxes office. We slowly rounded the corner and looked through the open door of the office where everyone one needed stood ready waiting for us so we can begin.

I walked slowly behind Four. My hands were growing clammy with the nerves each step we took. My mind continued to race with the thoughts of what's to come and Eric just stood tall as a statue glared at Max never letting anyone see what was going on in his mind.