Tulkun

After yesterday Neteyam decided to take me home, I didn't want anyone to see that I had cried, no one's ever seen me cry. Until that asshole said those words and melted my stupid plushy heart. It took everything in me not to glare at him after that. "What's with the pouty face". He asked teasingly. I huff and turn away from him, heading back to my hammock. I felt the hammock swing lightly and Neteyam laid next to me, holding me tightly to him. It didn't take long for to fall asleep though I hoped when I woke up he would be there but unfortunately he wasn't. But Reya was there and she is now currently dragging me to the sea. "Why are you always dragging me everywhere in such a rush". I ask her. "Because, our brothers and sisters have returned and I want you too meet her". Reya says excitedly. "Lo'ak, come with us". She calls. Reya was now making me and Lo'ak go with her, we just watched her from a distance when she met her soul sister. I was happy to see her so happy. A lot has happened and she would be pretty stressed with having to teach. I saw her signing to her sister. Saying she met a boy and that me, her best friend has returned. I heard her click happy for her. I went up to the surface and looked around. "Ma Neteyam". I called out. I forgot Lo'ak was next to me and he quickly turned his head in my direction. "Ma Neteyam??". He asked. My face flustered in embarrassment of just letting that out and forgetting he was their. "I knew something was going with you two". He smiles, teasing me for it. "Shut up you skxwang". I say, trying to push him off his Ilu. "What has my brother done now?". Neteyam came up on his Ilu next to me. "Big bro, I thought we were close, how could you not have told me, you and Ma Neteyam were a thing". Lo'ak mocks me, acting in love. Has he presses up against Neteyam. Neteyam gave me a look. "Sorry, I forgot he was with me". I explain to him. "It's alright...get off me you weirdo". He assures me and pushes Lo'ak of him playfully. "What is going on?". Tsireya had finally come up to us, joining in the conversation. "Neteyam and Nora have a thing going on". Lo'ak says to her, teasing me and Neteyam. "I know". I look at Reya and try motion to her to act like she doesn't. "I mean I don't know, of course, that's shocking to hear, but it was quite obvious it was gonna happen". Reya says trying to make up a quick excuse. I look at Neteyam and he just looks between us, not believing a single word. "It's true". I add on. He just smiles and shakes his head. "We should go see payakan, so I can prove it too yous". Lo'ak suddenly brings up. "I'm in". Reya quickly agrees. "Of course". I mutter. "Shush". She slaps me playfully. "I'll go". Neteyam agreed. "We should bring Aonung and Rotxo to see". Reya suggest and Lo'ak agrees. The three of them turn to me for an answer. "I can't, I have to go get my tattoo done today". I tell them sadly. "It's okay, you can meet him next time, come on guys let's go". Lo'ak says. (I actually think they went to see payakan much later in the day or the next but that's okay, will continue). "I'll see you guys later". I call out to them. They all said goodbye and swam off on there Ilu. I turned back to head to shore. "Child come". Ronal jesters me over to her and her soul sister. I dived underwater along with Ronal. "This is my soul sister Roa and her daughter Riko". Ronal signed to me. I look at both tulkun with a polite smile. "It's nice to meet you both, I am Nora". I sign to them. They clicked happily. "It's nice to meet you too Nora". Roa said. "Do you wanna play with me". Riko asked excitedly. I giggled at her and signed to her "of course". She came over and I grabbed ahold of her fin. She swam around others and we did flips together and everything. It was amazing. After awhile when her pod was going, I brought her back to Roa. "Your daughter is amazing, I loved playing with her". I signed to Roa. "You are very kind, I hope to see you again". She replies. "Bye Nora, thank you for playing with me, when I come back will play again". She excitedly clicked. "I'll be looking forward to it". I signed to her happily. I waved out goodbye as they swam away. Ronal and I swam back to shore.
"That was amazing". I tell her happily. "I'm glad you had fun child, Roa has been looking for a sister for Riko". Ronal says. I look at her asking her to continue. "I wanted you too meet riko, because I wish for you to be her sister". Ronal says. I stood there frozen in shock. Soon a big smile graced my lips. "Of course, I'm honoured". I say, giving Ronal a big hug. Me and her walked back to her marui and we saw Tonowari there as well. I greeted him and we sat there talking for awhile. Tsireya, Lo'ak and the rest of the group had slowly formed at the door, they held their heads down in fear. I looked between them in question but none of them met my eye.

"You did what". Ronal sneered. "How could you let him bond with the outcast". Tonowari seethed with anger at Tsireya. "You better leave, this does not concern you". Ronal whispers to me, ushering me out quickly. I shared a sympathetic look with Neteyam before walking off back home. I didn't quite hear what was happening, but after a bit Neteyam had showed up at my door. "What happened?". I asked him. Standing up to meet him. "Lo'ak, I don't know what I'm gonna do with him". Neteyam says, running a hand down his tired face. I place my hand on his cheek and he leans into my touch. "I'm sure it'll die down soon, just relax". I comfort him. He comes closer to me and rest his head on my shoulder. I lean my head onto his and wrap my arms around him and we stayed like that for a few minutes. Not saying anything. "I have to go home, father said we're not allowed out too for the rest of the day". He states. "Okay, I'll see you tomorrow okay?". I say to him. He nods his head and gives me a kiss before leaving. I sat in my marui in silence for a bit and rain started to fall. Tonowari walks in. I immediately knew something was off. "What's wrong?". I ask him. "The Ta'uni clan were attacked". He started off. I look at him in question. "By sky people". He added on. My eyes lit up in realisation. "My father?". I ask. "I don't know, but most likely". He says. I take a deep breath. "I have to leave". I say. "No". He says. "I can't stay Tonowari, if he finds me here he'll destroy everything". I tell him. "Either way he will when he realised we are holding the Sully family".
"Either way he will, if he knows the Sully family is here, either way he will". The words of Tsireya repeated in my head. "I'll stay". I remembered what I said to her. Groaning internally. "What are we gonna do?". I ask him. "What if they come here?". I add on. "I'm not sure, Jake said he would figure it out". Tonowari states. "So Jake knows?". I ask. "Yes he knows". He confirms. What am I gonna do. I think to myself. "What about the tulkun, you know there's been hunters". I ask. "It is far to the south I'm sure our brothers and sisters will be alright". He reassured. "Which reminds me, you still need your tattoo". He smiled, changing the subject. "Come, we will do it now, before dark". Tonowari says, guiding me to his tent. "Where do you wish to have it?". He asked. "Here". I point to my right arm. "Are you sure?". He asked. The girl always wanted them to be hidden just in case but now suddenly she didn't care. "I don't care if they see, this is my home and I will protect it, alongside yous if I have too". I state. "I am grateful to have met you". He says. "Im glad you took me in". I reply. A few hours went by and finally he was finished. "You are now a warrior". He says. After that I went back to my marui. "We will check on the tulkun tomorrow, I hope our new warrior comes along". Why does this man beat around the bush. "Of course". I say.