I see you

I was excited, I sprinted to Reya and dragged her away from her home. "Morning everyone". "Aonung stop scoffing your food, Reya you're coming with me". I hurriedly say and drag her out with me. "Hey, wait I'm hungry". She complained. I swam out to the ocean by the Ilu and stood on the large reef rock. "You wouldn't believe what happened". I start off. "My food is waiting for me". She grumbled. Clearly annoyed. "Me and Neteyam nearly kissed". I blurt out. "Oh my eywa!". She squealed. "Tell me everything". She begs. "It was perfect Reya, that whole moment was perfect". I breathed. "Wait you said nearly?". She reminds me. "His dad called for him, then it got kinda awkward but I said goodbye and he left, he's got such a handsome smile". I dreamily say. Reya couldn't help the smile that grew bigger and bigger on her face. "Well I was gonna take them to the spirit tree tomorrow night, would you like to come?". She wondered. "I thought I have to be one of the people?". I asked. "You became one of us when you received your first tattoo here". She reminds me, the tattoo was on my lower back, it was when I hunted and brought food for the clan when they ran low after a terrible storm and then another on my upper thigh, when I built a stronger fortress so they could stay safe, I kept it hidden from the military and RDA and such. "Come on Neteyam will be there". She pleaded. "Okay fine I'll come". I agreed. "Yes, now that that's settled, you owe me food". She says, jumping on to my back. We giggle and I swim off with her still latched on. We land onto my dock and head inside. I cook me and her something to eat and we just gossiped about whatever. "So?". She spoke up, pausing for a second. "How big do you think it is?". I choke on my food at her question. "I haven't even had my first kiss yet, I'm not thinking about that already, especially at this age Tsireya". I choke out, coughing wildly. My poor girl, since when did she have such unholy thoughts. "I see you and Lo'ak have been getting close". I change the subject. Her cheeks go red. "Uh huh I knew it, you two have something going on I know it".
"Okay okay, I like him and everyone knows he likes me, but there's never right moment to tell him". She says sadly. "You will get your moment don't worry". I reassure her. "Same as you, you know with Neteyam". She mocks me. "Why is it that my name is always brought up in your guys conversation". Yet again he startled the both of us. "You've heard of knocking". I grumble at him. Tsireya looked at me confused, just a second ago Nora was acting head over heels for him and now she's acting like he's just annoying her. Playing hard to get I see. Tsireya thought to herself.
He playfully knocks on the wall of the marui staring at me with a cheeky smirk. I glare at his annoyingness. "You always seemed to be around at the worse times, at private times". I empathise. "So you think last night was one of the worst times, for me to be around". He comebacks. My cheeks turn red and I feel my tail sway happily at the memory. "Stop that". I whispered, grabbing ahold of my tail. Neteyam smirked at the small reaction. Tsireya awkwardly coughs. "If you two are going to flirt so freely, I am gonna go". She says. "Oh sorry, I came here to tell you guys that Lo'ak wants to meet on the rock island in 10mins". Neteyam says, now standing up straight and back in concentration. "Well I will be on my way, I will meet you two there". Tsireya says. She sends me a wink and walks off. "Hey-wait Tsireya". I try calling out to her. I breath out. "Come on". I say to Neteyam, grabbing ahold of his hand. I felt my body be lurched back and I made impact with his chest. I felt his breath on the back of my neck, the air slightly grazing my ear, making it twitch. "We didn't get to finish yesterday, what were you gonna say?". He asked, whispering into my ear. I felt my heart pounding in my chest and my head go light headed. I turned my head away shyly. His hand reaches up to my cheek, turning my head back to meet his gaze. I turn towards him, holding his hand against my cheek, leaning into his soft touch more as I observed him. "What about your father?". I remembered. "I don't care what he says". He answers. "I can't help myself, that every second of everyday, all I think about is you, I can't help but love you Nora". He took a deep breath. "I see you". He spoke. I was shocked, frozen in spot. Doubt started to cross him when she was too silence for too long. He tried to pull his hand away but she held on tightly pulling him closer. "I see you, Neteyam". I spoke quietly. He breathed a sigh of relief, resting his forehead against mine. "Nora!". I swear one more time, one more time, I'm gonna kill them. Me and Neteyam stepped back from each other, both groaning in annoyance. I secretly held Neteyams hand in mine behind my back as the person walked in. "Oh, am I interrupting something?". It was Aonung. He held a deadly glare on Neteyam, but looked between the both of us in question. "No, Neteyam just came to collect me". I answer. "Uh huh, well can I speak with you". He asked me. I felt neteyams hand clinch around mine. "Yes, I'll meet you on the dock". I say. He walks away and I turn back to Neteyam. "I will meet you and the others at the groups spot". I tell him. He shook his head. "I'm not leaving you here with that skwang". "I will be alright, we won't be long". I tell him. He grumbles and nods his head in agreement. "Fine, two minutes, if I don't see you there in two minutes, I'm gonna beat his ass". I shake my head and give him a peck on the cheek. "I will see you soon". I tell him. We both walk out, I meet with Aonung and Neteyam goes back to the others. "Are you and him...". Aonung asked looking between me and Neteyam walking away. "We're figuring it out". I simply say. "Oh". He says sadly. "I'm sorry for saying that to you and also bringing up about your past event". He apologised. "It's okay Aonung, we were both angry in that moment, I didn't mean what I said either, I'm sorry". I apologised as well. We sat in there silence for a bit. "Do you like Neteyam?". He asked. I nod my head feeling a little guilty. "I see". He simply says hanging his head low. "Can I tell you something?". I asked him. "Sure".
"I have loved you Aonung". His head perks up in shock. "But not in the way you may think". He now looks at me confused. "I see you as family Aonung, as a very dear friend of mine, a brother to me, you took care of me and you protected me. We fuss and we fight but at the end of day, I can not stay mad at you. I see you Aonung, but I see you as a brother". I admit. Aonungs eyes lit up. He was sad but he felt honoured and respected. Suddenly all jealous feelings and all doubt was washed from his heart. He saw Nora, but he saw family in her, a sister. "I see you Nora, as a sister". He replies. "Well we better not hang around too long, the others are waiting". I say. We both head back to the spot, this time having a new feeling. A close bond that we had, has come back.