| 12 | Chaos energy bonding ✘

You know how when you get really into writing your story and then all of a sudden you forgot to mention something that you included earlier in the story? yeah, that's me rn now I have to figure out a way to still make the sonics party still happen 😀

• • • • • • • • • • ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ • • • • • • • • • •

"One last question" Tails looked at him curiously and nodded.

"Did you really spend all day searching this up?"

• • • • • • • • • • ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ • • • • • • • • • •

This shocked the azure hedgehog a lot, Sonic knew he had a crush on Shadow but that meant that Shadow....had to feel the same way for their energies to connect. There was no way Sonic couldn't believe this without proof so he focused on his chaos energy and tried to follow Shadow just by using that to double-check.

Sonics pov:

I focused all the energy I still had inside my body and let it guide me to where shadow was, I was walking deep through a forest. I tried not to get my hopes up too quickly because this could be those silly legends that one guy makes up and soon the entire world believes it. But it could be true because I would always find shadow when I wanna find him and race him, or just talk to him without even trying to, was that all the chaos energy doings?

After like 5 minutes of walking (since I couldn't run for a while without losing my focus on the energy) I was in a forest with pretty green and brown trees with a big pond in the middle with some flowers in it and little butterflies inside of them. I felt my energy started to grow more and more until I felt more energized and I...

Saw shadow!?... So that means, it's true.

I had to ask shadow I just had to.

Shadows pov:

I was at the pond the place I would always go to when I knew I was alone or just needed to calm too, It's just too pretty to be ignored, especially with all the beautiful butterflies that flutter through the sky and land on the flowers to get some nectar. I noticed that some of my chaos energy had drained out when I left my house for some odd reason, I'll have to ask Sonic about this because it hasn't happened before.

Speaking of the devil

I felt my energy come back while footsteps were made and they got louder and louder till they stopped. I turned around to see Sonic staring at me in pure shock, wonder what happened to him?

I got up and walked towards him and waved my hand in front of his face which seemed to snap him back into reality pretty quickly and then I asked "Sonic, what's wrong? I saw you staring at me like I just did something bad." Sonic just cleared his throat while blushing a little and saying "nothing". We both stood there in awkward silence until sonic finally said something

"So what are you doing here?" I just answered him with "I found this and now I just usually visit it every chance I get to". Sonic just nodded and started to walk towards to lake and sat on the ground I did the same and sat next to him touching shoulders. We both talked for a while until sonic asked me something out of the blue.

"Shadow, have you been having any problems with your chaos energy...because I have been too" Exactly what I wanted to ask him but I guess he beat me to it so I just answered his question "Yeah I have after I left the house- which I didn't mean to I just wanted to come here, I felt my chaos energy fade away a little" Sonic stared at me in surprise "The same thing happened to me after you left I guess I felt my energy fade away and I was exhausted" So this happened to him too? I was about to ask him a question when he interrupted me.

"So, Shadow...I heard this from Tails before and I think I know the reason why this happen he explained it to me a couple of days ago" I was curious about what the answer was now so I just nodded allowing him to continue, but before he did he asked, "But can you promise not to be too mad at me?" Why would I get mad at him just because of a silly answer? it couldn't be that bad.

Sonic looked away from me while explaining to me.

*"So.. basically Tails said that once you and another person, aka your l-lover meet and feel comfortable with each other then your chaos energy will connect. And that it will be unbreakable and that you can find the other person just by focusing your chaos energy and it will lead you right to them. So I'm guessing that your my...you know because I've been able to find you without trying to so you must mean the same to me for our energies to c-connect." He said with a red face and looked away from me again, I was shocked there was no way that this was true but...it is how does that fox even know all of this?

It seems like that was getting Sonic worked up so the only thing I could do was comfort him, and knowing the information I was just given I had a perfect idea of how to.

I placed my hand on top of his and used my other to turn him to face me, I placed my fingers on his chin while placing a small kiss on his forehead which made him turn even redder (if that was possible) I chuckled and told him something I hope he will never forget.

"Of course, I love you too silly, I'm just glad you feel the same way for me" I pecked him on the lips and he started to cry and hugged me tightly which I just hugged him back in return. And he said something to me that I will never forget.

"I love you too shads, actually I have been for a while now" Sonic giggled softly after saying that.

I'm glad that fox told you that information, I still don't know how he found all of that out, but it paid off in the end.