(A/N: I know she's 22 irl but she's 15-16 here)

"So we met in early spring..." Ryan started...

"This is my daughter Ryan." My mom introduced and I shook the neighbors hand.

"This is Yara." I would assume her mom introduced.

"She's my aunt." Yara stated and my mom gave her a small smile.

I didn't know what to do, she is really pretty though. I should try and be friends with her at least. Many days, not that many, only 3 because it was Friday when I last spoke to Yara, but it was now Monday and I seen her outside as I made my way out the door. She was tying her shoes while bopping her head signaling that she was listening to music. I don't know why I asked her this stupid question when the answer was clear right in front of me.

"Hey Yara." I greeted, friendly smile and Yara looked up at me noticing the sun being blocked from her eyes.

"Oh hey Ryan." Yara stood up once her shoes was tied and kicked her skateboard off the ground.

"On your way to school?" I wondered, putting my hands behind my back.

I'm not used to talking to people, I may seem like the confident one but that was definitely Normani. Speaking of Normani, I should introduce her to Yara...But I need to be friends with Yara before I do that.

"Yep, you as well?" She asked me pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yep...So you ride skateboard?" I pointed at the board and Yara showed me the paint job.

"I do, but this is kinda awkward." Yara gave me smile before laughing.

That was adorable, wait Keith is picking me up. He's 16 and got a car. It's illegal to drive an underage if you're underage but it's not illegal if you don't get caught...that's for petty crimes though.

"Yeah sorry, I do wanna be friends with you though." I admit and Yara smile grew slightly wider.

"That's good to know, I'm just next door if you need anything." Yara put down her skateboard.

"Right, my boyfriend is here so I'll talk to you later." I turn after hearing a car pull up.

"Yeah of course." I didn't see her expression after telling me that because she put her headphones back over her head and pushed off on her foot, away she goes.

I walk over to Keith and he gets out with a big smile.

"I'm never going to be use to this." Keith held his goofy smile and I smile back.

"Just don't kill us." I warned and went to get into his car, Keith of course stopped me and opened the door for me.

I gave him a kiss on his cheek and got in as he does the same as well, giving me a kiss on my cheek when he gets in the car and pulls off. After getting to school, we go out separate ways and the teacher made Yara do the cliche new student introduction.

"Hello everyone, I'm Yara Shahidi." Yara rolled her eyes.

"Shahidi?" The teacher eyebrow rose.

"I'm Iranian mixed with Black." Yara stated clearly annoyed.

"Alright, I won't trouble you no more." The teacher begin to look around.

Normani was off in her own world and there was a spot behind me. I raised my hand catching the teacher's attention.

"There's a seat behind me." I told him and he nodded and ushered for Yara to sit down.

We gave each other a small smile and I hear her sit down as I turned to Normani who was still in her own world. Throwing my eraser at her, she just gave me a glare.