CHAPTER SEVEN

{ZAYD'S POV.}

I felt super excited because Naina accepted to go with me to meet my parents. I just hope they won't suspect anything. I can't imagine who I'll I'd taken to meet them if not Junaina. She is perfect.

I walked out of my room just to see her leaving her sister's room. I just couldn't help but stare with my mouth slightly opened. She walked towards me, her head down. I guess she's shy. She stopped to look up at me.

“You can close your mouth now and lower your gaze.” She looked at me in a disgusting way.

I changed my mind. She's not shy one bit. I cleared my throat. “Sorry, I just couldn't help it. You look beautiful. Although, you look more better without the make up.”

She sighed. “Thank you for that. I don't like the make up. My sister and friend did this to me. I'm so relieved. Please excuse me. I need to enter my room.” She hurried in, making me smile.

Less than a minute of waiting, she came out, looking more better without the make up.
“We need to hurry and leave before our sister sees that I've wiped it off and bake my face again.” I laughed quietly and motioned for her to go down. She rolled her eyes at me with a hint of smile.
…………….…………

{JUNAINA'S POV}

If I say I wasn't nervous, then I would be lying. I was very very nervous. I kept on nibbling on my nails, not minding Zayd who was driving and sitting next to me. I mean, if I was with someone else, they won't know that I was nervous but I just can't hide it from him for some reason. I guess mind reading is his super power. “How long will it take to get there?” I asked, still looking ahead of the road.

“Calm down. We're there.” He said, parking his car in front of an elegant restaurant. He stopped the car and turned to me. My parents are very friendly you know. You should stop being so nervous. Just go with the flow and you'll enjoy being around them I promise.” He smiled and climb down, coming towards my door to open it but I beat him to it. I stared up at him, still sitting. He stared back with a disapproving look.

“Im a gentle man you know.” He said with a raised eyebrow. I looked away with a eye row and walk pass him. He gave the car keys to a valet and walked next to me. He opened the door and motioned for me to enter.

He had this intense look on his face, making his one sided dimple show. I took a deep breath and looked away. This is crazy. I think I'm going crazy.

He stopped in front of a table, making me look up to see a man who could be in his late 40's and a middle aged woman, who has a very pretty face. They both look up and smiled at us.

“Dad, Mama, Salamualaykum.” He greeted his parents. He pulled out a chair for me.

“Walaykumusalam.” They both answered.

“Salamualaykum.” I greeted with a slight bow, smiling at both of them as I took my sit. “Thank you.” I mouthed at Zayd which he replied with a nod.

“Walaykumusalam.” They replied with big smiles.

“How are you my dear?” His mom asked beside me. She motioned for me to come closer and she gave me a side hug.

I liked her instantly. “I'm fine Mum.” I replied without thinking, making her giggle. “You look exceptionally beautiful. And you smell nice.” I commented.

“Masha Allah, thank you. And so do you.” She said, pinching my cheek playfully which made me laugh.

“Thank you. Jazakallah khair.” I whispered. She nodded at me, turning to look at her son who was practically sulking.