CHAPTER FOUR

{JUNAINA’S POV}

I looked from Jamila to Zayd with my mouth wide open. i cleared my throat at the sound of his voice.

“So, you didn’t call me.” He said with a smirk.

“No, I didn’t. My family loves playing prank on me you know. I’m sorry if I’ve wasted your time. You must have been busy.” I was nervous by just being in his presence alone.

“No, I wasn’t busy at all. Once again, Thanks for saving my friend and I. I really appreciate.” I could see he was also nervous with the way he fumbles with his wrist watch. I feel good knowing I also make him nervous. “You have a nice family. I mean, they’re funny and jovial and I wish I have a big family.”

Why was he smiling? It’s so contagious that I couldn’t help but also smile. “They are nice, and also troublesome. And I love them a lot. So, how many siblings do you have? If you don’t mind me asking.”
He shook his head. “Not at all. It’s just me, my twin sister and my little brother. We’re five in my family.”

“Oh wow. That is great.” I smiled. “They must be very nice and I’d like to meet them some day.” I blurted out without realizing. I waved my hands frantically. “No, that’s not what I mean, sorry.”
He laughed and nodded. “You’ll get to meet them even soon, Insha Allah. They’re very friendly but I must warn you about my brother. He is very grumpy because he has this idea and feeling that his life is not complete, that something is missing. No one knows what though.” We both laugh at that. “So, I guess those twins are your friends. You know, a friend of mine likes Semiat.” 

“Really?!” I exclaimed, feeling excited on how much I was going to tease my friend. “What’s his name?”

He looked at me suspiciously. “What are you up to? I can smell something fishy.” He smirked “you want to tease her with it, right?”

I gasped, surprised. Is he a mind reader or something? Or did I mistakenly blurted out my plan? “Can you read minds?”
“No, it’s just that your expression says it all. Maybe I can read just your mind.”
Why was he smirking? He was getting on my nerve. I am a trained agent and I know how to hide my expression but clearly not from him. I felt like so much is happening in a day. “I am an agent who can hide her feelings.” I blurted out my thought out loud.

“Don’t worry. I know you’re good at hiding your feelings from people. My sisters told me.”

Did he just say his sisters? “Did you just say your sisters? Do I know your sisters? But I thought you just say you have a sister.”

“Ahh!” he exclaimed clamping his mouth shut. “I’m not supposed to say. Can we just rewind to five seconds ago?” he looked away. He was definitely trying to hide something from me.

“What are you not telling me?” I said with a serious expression.

“Naina, your sister wants to see you.” I turned to meet Simbiat and nodded.
I looked back at Zayd to see him looking at simbiat weirdly. You know that face when you’re trying to communicate with someone without words? That’s it. I can’t be fooled. “Care to explain? Mm?” I faced her with my hands folded on my chest with a frown. “You know you can’t fool me.”

She knew she’s been busted. She sighed defeated. “He’s my cousin.”

“Who is? Him?” I asked, pointing behind me without looking away from her. I was confused now.

“y-ye…”

“Hey girls, let’s go downstairs for lunch.” I rolled my voice at Semiat who thought their plan of hiding the fact that Zayd is their cousin hasn’t been revealed.
Simbiat shook her head at Semiat who wanted to drag her away. “She knows.”

Sami sighed with her shoulders drooped. “We wanted to tell you but felt like teasing you a bit.” She smiled sheepishly.

“Well, I’m definitely going to revenge so be ready.”

“If you’ll excuse me ladies, I’ll like to go have my lunch. I’m not kin on cold food.” He smiled politely and left us.

I watched as he went downstairs, walking with grace. My friends gave me side hugs.

“Isn’t he cute?”

I rolled my eyes and pushed them away from me.