CHAPTER SIX

{JUNAINA’S POV}

My sisters and I went for shopping afterwards. We picked few things for ourselves and others.

“Sister, won’t you pick something for Zayd?” Nafisa said

I glared at her and replied sternly. “No, you can do that if you like.”

“Okay.” She shrugged and took a chocolate and milk ice cream for him.

“Why did you pick that flavor? It’s my favorite.”

“What? It’s for Zayd and it might just be what he like.” She retorted.

“You did that intentionally, didn’t you?” I accused.

“Well, this flavor wasn’t made for just you alone. It might be his favorite.”

Nafisa came to stand in between us.
“Can we just go already?” she spoke tiredly.

I ignored her and went to pay for what we bought.

After shopping, we went back home and gave everyone what we got for them.

“Hmm, thank you. It’s my favorite.” Zayd moaned while taking the ice cream. “But how did you know?”

“It’s Sis Naina’s favorite. We just guessed you’d like it too.” Nafisa said smiling and winking at me. I made a face at her and went up to my room.

My phone started ringing as soon as I entered my room. I checked to see it was Rima, my new business partner. “Hey, Rima, Salam.” I greeted her as I answered the call.

“Walaykum Salam Nini.”
I smiled at the name she calls me. It always sounds funny to me.
“Are you home?”

“Yes, is everything alright in the office?”

“I just wanted to send you some documents so you can go through them. Maybe I should come over. That’s if you’re less busy.”

“Yes, you can come over. I miss work already. I’ll be expecting you.” I smiled.
“Ok. Falak told me you’ve given The M.D the file on the case we recently worked on.”

“Oh yes, sorry I didn’t inform you. Is she at work?”

“Yes, she says hi.”

“Hi to her too. Okay, I gotta go. Someone’s at my door.”

“Okay bye. See you later.” She ended the call. I opened the door at the sound of knock to see Zayd.

“Hi” I smiled, trying not to remember the image of what happened earlier this morning.

He scratched his head nervously. “About earlier.”

“What about it?” I was confused.

“I mean touching your …”

I interrupted him with a wave. “Please can we not talk about it? Oh no! Don’t tell me you told them already.” I was panicking. I looked behind him and pulled him into my room and locked the door.

“What are you doing? “He whispered confused.

“Did you tell them?”

He chuckled and sit on the couch. “Is that why you pulled me into your room? I haven’t told them and 9i just came to apologize for what I did. I shouldn’t have done that coz I’m not your mahram.”

“Oh.” I nodded my head slowly, understanding why he came here. “Okay, but please don’t tell my friends or anyone about it or I won’t hear the end of it. They will all tease me until I accept defeat and even try to play match making on both of us.” I was basically panicking with the way I was walking around.