Keys

So heres the next chapter. Again, not much going on here, but dont worry, the next chapter gets exciting, and the one after that. so have no fear!!!

he sun was just about setting when me and Emily went back into the house. My mom and her parents looked up as we walked in.

"Hey girls! Have fun?" Kim asked, smiling at us. She looked a lot like Emily, except Emily had deep red hair and green eyes. We both nodded and my mom smiled at us while Bob told her about the Champ Elysees in France.

Emily gasped when we were up in my room again.

"Oh my god, your present!" she cried, rummaging through the bag she had brought. she pulled out a neatly wrapped, small box and handed it to me.

"Open it!" she cried as we sat down on the bed. I didn't need to be told twice. I ripped open the paper and then the cover of the small box to reveal a beautiful silver bracelet with a silver key hanging on it.

"It’s a charm bracelet. this one represents me." she said, touching the key as I held it up. "I have one just like it with the lock on it. They go together." she explained. I smiled and threw my arms around her, knocking both over on the bed.

"Oh my gosh I love it!" I cried, and she laughed. "Get off of me, you tank!" she cried, and I laughed before standing up. I put the bracelet on and smiled at her. I missed her so much.

It was dark out when Emily and her parents finally left. she promised she would be back on Friday. She was the closest house to us, but she still lived about five miles away, and it wasnt a trip her parents wanted to make everyday, so she could only come so often. But we usually talked on the phone. As soon as she left, I skipped to Tucker’s room to find him. He had hung around most of the time, but I thought being around a lot of people made him jittery.

I poked my head into the kitchen. "Where's Tucker?" I asked. She looked over her shoulder at me.

“He’s in the barn.” She said, and I quickly left the house, eager to have some alone time.

I found him sitting on a bale of hay, his elbows on his knees as he stared at his interlaced fingers, his black hair falling in his eyes. He turned his head when I sat down next to me, and slowly reached for my wrist, holding it up in front of his face.

“What’s this?” he asked, twisting my wrist slightly so the key dangled in front of us. “Emily gave it to me. She has the lock on hers.” I explained, and he nodded then looked at me.

“Did you have a good day?” he asked, releasing my wrist, only to take my hand. I smiled and nodded.

“I missed her so much. Do you like her?”  I asked, eager for his opinion on her. He smiled a little.

“Yeah, she seems nice.” He said, then chuckled. “With red hair like that, how could I not like her?” he teased, then leaned closer to me.

“But I prefer brunettes.” He whispered, flicking a curl off of my shoulder. I laughed and leaned against him. We were silent for a few minutes, just sitting on the barn, holding hands. It was comfortable, and natural.

Suddenly, Tucker pulled me onto his lap so I was sitting sideways. I wrapped my arms around his neck and played with his hair as he leaned his forehead against mine.

“I missed you.” He said quietly, and I smiled a little.

“I was here all day.” I pointed out.

“You needed to spend some time with Emily.” He countered.

“Yeah, but you could have come.” I said, pushing my bottom lip out in a pout. He chuckled and caught my bottom lip between his fingers.