Drive

Hey, so this is mostly a filler chapter...not much going on. It might also be kinda short. Anyways, hope you enjoy. the more you comment/vote, the faster I update, plus I love to HEAR FROM ANYONE OUT THERE!! MY STORIES COULD USE SOME GOOD FEED BACK!!!;) ENJOY!!!

“I spy with my little eye….something green.”

“That field.”

“That field is mostly brown now.”

“Yeah, but at one time it was green.”

“But it isn’t now.”

“Oh for the love of god, Sydney! Who cares?” Tucker cried, exasperated.

“You’re just upset because you suck at eye spy.” I snickered, rolling my window down. I had forced him into playing with me, and for a while he did good. Then he got frustrated when he started failing. I blamed it on his pride.

“You suckered me into this game.” He muttered, and I laughed.

“We’re almost home anyways, so I guess we can stop for now.” I said, and he let out an exaggerated breath and let go of the wheel for a moment to hold his hands above his head in a thankful motion. I rolled my eyes.

“Why do you have to be such a drama queen?” I grumbled. He laughed and took my hand, kissing it lightly. “Everything looks the same around here anyways.” He said. I opened my mouth to say something back, but just then he pointed across me, at something along side the road.

“That looks suspiciously like one of your cows.” He said, and I followed his gaze to a brown cow plodding down the side of the road, probably headed for the field. I recognized the bright yellow tag on its ear and sighed. “Yep, its ours.”

“What do we do?” Tucker asked, still eyeing it. I sighed again. “Pull over.”

He did as I asked. “Syd, what are you gonna do?” Tucker called, frustrated when I bailed out of the truck and headed for the cow. It stopped when it saw me approaching and watched me with its soft brown eyes, making no move to escape. Cows aren’t known for their brains. I rubbed its’ broad forehead, between its eyes.

“He isn’t exactly going to fit in the cab with us.” Tucker called. I looked over my shoulder to see him standing next to the truck.

“Get me the rope behind the seat, will you?” I called, turning to face him.

“We’re gonna have to walk it home. We aren’t far anyways.” I said, frowning. My mom would be upset when we weren’t home on time, but she would understand once we explained. I heard tucker curse under his breath, then some rummaging around as he searched for the rope.

He handed it to me and watched as I fashioned it into a halter and lead rope. “That’s a hand trick.” He said, shoving his hands in his pockets. The wind blew his black hair around, and I wistfully wished we didn’t have to be home on time.

We tied the cow to the truck and slowly drove home, the cow plodding along slowly beside us.

“Don’t go to fast.” I warned, patting the cows neck.

“I won’t.” he answered, and I could tell that his pool of patience, never deep on a good day, was growing ever shallower. I looked at his face and smiled for no particular reason.

It was after dark by the time we made it home, and my mother was waiting on the front porch. We hopped out and I untied the cow as my mother made her way over to us.

“I was prepared to yell at you for being late, but I guess I owe you. I was wondering why there was an extra open stall.” She said, smiling at us. I nodded as Tucker came and stood beside me, shoving his hands into his pockets.