CHAPTER ELEVEN || sick y/n..

Start from the beginning

"Sure, bare with me one moment." Tony replies.

I wait for a couple seconds.

"Hello, Bruce speaking." He says

"Bruce, I need you to help me. Y/n is sick and I don't know what's wrong with her. Her head feels like a fireplace!" I said, quickly but quietly so I didn't wake up the sleeping girl on my lap.

"Alright, send me the address. I'll just get my medical stuff and I'll come down."

"Thank you. I'll send the details now." I said before hanging up the phone.

I sent him the details and then put down my phone, focusing my attention back to y/n.

I brushed my hand through her hair gently.

"Oh honey, you'll be okay soon. I promise.." I said with tears of worry in my eyes.

After about 10 minutes, there was a knock on my door.

I slowly slid myself out from underneath her and crept out the room.

"Bruce, Hi, she's just sleeping down the hall.
Should I wake her?" I asked as I opened the door, allowing him to come inside.

"No it's ok, don't wake her. Tell me what's been happening and then I'll just give her a little check up." He responded.

"Well, this morning she didn't want to get up. So I let her sleep in and I went to get her some breakfast but when I came back, she was in the bathroom vomiting. Her face was all red and splotchy and when I went to touch her head. It was pretty much on fire. I brought her back to bed and the fever has been getting worse and worse since." I explained to him.

"Hmm, ok, let me check her out and then I'll tell you what I think."

"Okay." I said, leading him to the bedroom where she still laid, completely comotose.

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING: NEEDLES⚠️

He walked over and kneeled down, so that he was at her level.

As he started setting up some equipment, he looked over at me.

"How big of a deep sleeper is she?" He asked me.

"Very big, she can sleep through basically anything." I responded, kind of confused.

"Ok, that's brilliant then." He said, pulling out a little needle and attaching it to a syringe.

"Woah, woah, woah. What are you gonna do to her?"

"It's just a blood test, completely safe. Don't worry. She'll be ok." He said to me, gently picking up her arm and inserting the needle into her arm.

My heart sped up as I watched the blood go into the syringe.

He pulled it out her arm after a few seconds and put the blood inside some weird machine.

⚠️TRIGGER ENDING⚠️

"Give this a few minutes and it should tell us if there is anything unusual or out of the ordinary going on." He said as I responded with a nervous nod.

We both sat there staring at the machine in suspense as it tested her blood.

ding

"Alright let's have a look at this." Bruce said, checking the data.

"right, ok." He said, reading it carefully.

"Tell me what is says, is there anything wrong with her?!" I asked him, now panicking.

"She's anaemic",

"What's that? Is she gonna die?" Tears of fright were now forming in my eyes.

"Nat, take a breath. All it means is that her iron deficiency is low meaning that her body will not produce enough red blood cells. I can give her a prescription of iron tablets that she will be required to take everyday for the next 6 months. Try to get her to eat more meat as well. That'll help."

"Phew, okay. I think we can do that." I said as I saw her start to stir.

Instantly her breathing picked up and she starting panicking, clearly caused by a stranger being in her bedroom with a load of machines.

"Nat! Get away! They're back!!" She screamed at the top of her lungs, jumping as far backwards as she could get.

"Shhh, it's ok y/n. This is Bruce. He's the compound doctor, he was just making sure your okay." I replied, trying to get her to calm down.

She immediately let out a deep breath of relief while very slowly and cautiously, crawling over to me. Instantly hiding behind me.

"I should leave. Here's the prescription Nat. I'll see you soon." He said, handing me the tablets and leaving.

As soon as he left, I felt y/n's tight grip loosen as she flopped back onto the bed sighing.

"What are those tablets for?" She asked me.

"There for you. Bruce said you have something called anaemia and that you need to take them for the next six months."

"Seriously? I'm already taking like 3 different pills every day-"

"It's for your own good sweetheart. It'll be over before you know it."

"Fine." She huffed.

We stare at each other for a few moments before I jumped onto the bed, grabbing her and pulling her into me, making her giggle. I love her laughs, the way they go so high pitched and it turns her cheeks all rosy and cute. I love her smile, how it always brights up any dull moment. I just love.... Her.

"Nat", she whispered while we were still laying in each others arms.

"Yeah?" I answered as she rolled to lay on top of me.

"Please don't ever leave me.." she mumbled.

"I won't ever leave you. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever." I said, hugging her small body tightly.

"Promise?"

"I promise y/n. I wont ever leave you. Not in a million years."

A/n: oh how the times will changeeee. We're both gonna regret that promise at some point. This is by far the longest chapter I have ever wrote, EVER. It's literally taken me two days to finish this. Anyways, I'm now pretty much fully recovered from my surgery so there will be chapters for all my books coming in quicker than usual. Enjoy!! Stay safe everyone! xox

Word count: 1508