"What does he drive?"

I paused, giving her a sheepish look. "Well, I don't know about his car but I know he drives a motorcycle."

The. Look. That. She. Gave. Me.

Mom absolutely detests motorcycles because of how easy it is for people to get into accidents. It doesn't matter how careful someone is. Before she could protest, my phone dinged letting me know he was here.

"Gotta go! Bye! Love you!" I yelled while bolting out the door. I love my mom but I am legally an adult now. I can come and go as I please.

Luke was waiting for me propped up against his bike with a wide smile. I wanted to pause and appreciate the way he looked in a leather jacket but I wanted to leave before Mom sent someone after me.

Without a word, he helped me put on the helmet and I was happy to see that he bought an extra for himself. I'd feel terrible if he wasn't wearing one. My stomach still jumped with nerves as I wrapped my arms around his body and the bike revved.

"Ready?" He called out. I squeezed him twice to let him know and we were off. The way it feels being on the back of a bike is something I don't think that I will ever get used to. It's always so fear-inducing and exhilarating at the same time.

It didn't take long for us to get to his apartment. He had to scan a key fob to just get into the garage and then another to get into the elevator.

"I like the security of this place. Where I live anyone can just waltz right in," I told him, getting a face back. "It's a place for budding stars, not those that have much of a fanbase."

"Still should have some type of security. No matter how small or big someone is, there will always be that one person who is a big fan," he explained, making me shrug.

"Our producer pays for it so we're not really complaining," I told him as it dinged on the fourteenth floor. This is a huge building.

The butterflies in my stomach had to be at a rave or something because they were going haywire. I've never been to a guy's house before without any parental supervision. It was still nerve-wracking even if we were just friends because now everyone has gotten to my head.

Luke opened the door for me to reveal a messy living room. I don't know why that relaxed me so much. This place looked lived in and not like some movie set.

"Sorry for the mess. I tried to clean for a little before I picked you up but got sucked into a last minute meeting instead," he explained as we kicked our shoes off.

I just laughed at him. "It's okay. I don't mind at all," I said, venturing into the apartment some more. The living room was a lot bigger than I thought it was but wasn't clunky big where there was tons of space left. It was the perfect amount of space.

Luke had tons of photos hanging on his walls and I couldn't help but look at them. He had a collage of the four of them when they were young and it brought a smile to my face.

"That's our first everything as a band. When we were completed when Ashton joined, the one of us hugging was when we got the news we were getting invited to tour with One Direction, the start of our first tour, recording session, our first song, and importantly our first show. We all have one in our places," he explained, pointing at each photo when he got to it.

"Did you ever think that the YouTube channel you started would ever lead to this?" I asked as we still examined the collage.

His curls went flying as he shook his head, another stark contrast to the old photos. "No. I mean, I hoped it would but I never expected it. Sometimes I miss the simplicity of my old life but this is what I've always dreamed of and I get to do it with my best friends. There is nothing else I could ask for," he explained, giving me that bright smile I've gotten so used to.