35. Saw it coming

AJ
It was time to head back to Quantico, whether I wanted to or not. I boarded the plane and said goodbye to Sun City Summerlin, somewhat excited to see my kids again. I barely got a day back home before being shipped back to Quantico. I sort of understood where Hotch was coming from. If he was in my shoes, I'm sure he would have gone home as soon as he could, but I'm not him.

The flight back was frustrating. My thoughts either landed on Spencer and the team, or Penelope and the twins. Eventually, I was walking into the building, heading up to the 6th floor hoping to find Penelope and the twins in her office, which was exactly where I found them.

"Momma!" Archer exclaimed as he hugged me.

"Mama!" Sophie hugged me as well, wrapping her tiny arms around my neck.

"Hotch filled me in, and I'm not going to lie, I don't disagree with him." Penelope shook her head, giving me a big hug.

"I just- I feel like I should be out in the field, helping to catch Spencer, not running away, hoping that he won't find me." I rolled my eyes as Penelope pulled a yellow envelope out of her desk drawer, handing it to me.

"What's this?" I asked looking into it.

"That is your new identity. As soon as you leave the FBI office, you will no longer be Anna-Jo Parker. You'll be Julia Addams. Inside that envelope is your new phone with only two numbers, mine and Hotch's. There's $5,000 to keep you comfortable. There's your new ID, passport, house key and a one way ticket to New York for you and the twins." Penelope informed me as she handed me a list of things to help change my appearance.

"Did you ever expect this?" I asked, confused.

"Expect what?" Penelope asked as I sat down, trying to calm myself.

"Spencer to become an UnSub?" I elaborated, watching as Penelope exhaled, turning to her screens.

"I didn't expect Spencer to become an UnSub, but over the years, I've been keeping tabs on each member of the BAU, waiting for one of them to snap." Penelope admitted as she showed me all the files that she had on each of us. Hotch's file seeming the largest.

"You even have a file on me?" I was shocked, watching as Penelope nodded.

"Everyone has a turning point, even you." Penelope smiled at me.

"What about you? I don't see a file with your name on it." I looked suspiciously at Penelope, who gasped.

"I'm the one making the files. I don't need one myself!" Penelope shook her head.

"I think that it's time for Julia Addams to make her debut, don't you think?" Penelope asked as she looked down at the envelope. I handed her my old phone, so she could keep it safe for me.

"What about the twins? This isn't something I can easily explain to them." I rolled my eyes, watching as Penelope chuckled.

"They're both combinations of you and Spencer, I'm sure they'll be able to understand. Now, enjoy New York, Julia." Penelope smiled, leading me out of her office with the twins by my side.

Once again, I was on a plane with my kids. Not home, like I'd imagined, but New York. Who knew how long New York was going to be our home for. As the flight landed, I felt my new phone buzzing. Checking the number, I recognised it as Hotch.

"Hey Hotch. We just landed in New York. Can you give me a rough estimate for how long we will be here?" I questioned, listing to Hotch exhale.

"Well, Julia, until the situation is resolved, you're in New York indefinitely." Hotch informed me, causing me to groan.

The phone call ended, me driving the twins and I to our new home, which confused them at first, until I gave them a rough explanation - AKA saying we're on holiday.

SPENCER
I didn't expect to make it out of Vegas without the team finding out, but here I stood, at the Quantico airstrip, intending to find AJ and my kids. Needing to find out where they were, my best option was Garcia. Finding a large piece of glass on the floor, I proceeded to cut my arms, my face, my chest and any other standard areas of my body. I let myself bleed for a bit before wiping the blood, smearing it over my pale skin.

With the cuts administered, I looked even more dishevelled than before, which would make my lie easier to believe. Stumbling to the FBI building, I make my way up to the 4th floor, just in time to see Garcia walking out of her office. I fell to the floor, seeing a concerned look on her face.

"G- Garcia, you need to help me. They're coming for me. I need to protect AJ and the twins." I began my lie, watching as Garcia nodded and helped me get some medical attention. The lie was starting off good, which is what I needed if I was going to find out where they were.