3. Hiding the excitement

AJ
The moment we were allowed off the plane, the team separated, Hotch and I heading to the police station.

"I'm SSA Aaron Hotchner. This is SSA Anna-Jo Parker." Hotch shook the captain's hand.

"Parker is fine." I smiled, shaking the captain's hand.

"This is the largest conference room we have. We have a board ready for you." The captain smiled as they opened a brown door, leading to the room.

"Garcia?" Hotch answered the incoming call on the conference room phone.

"Hey, sir. I found a small link between the Albert family and the Beasley family. Turns out, a year ago, Harvey got involved in a botched robbery and to prevent his father's career from being affected, Harvey was put in contact with - you guessed it - Harold Albert. He helped Harvey out of any trouble and to pay him back, Harvey ended up doing some apprentice work for Harold." Garcia sounded shocked.

"Thanks for the update Penelope! We appreciate it!" I smiled, ending the call.

"Hey Hotch, do you think that Harvey's case was ever officially recorded? I mean, think about it. Not only to prevent any negative press toward Chris, but to prevent Harvey's reputation from being tarnished, Tahlia or Chris might have paid Harold enough money for him to leave the case out of the official files." I suggested, watching as Hotch nodded.

"Good catch. I want you to go get Prentiss and find Albert's assistant." Hotch assigned me a task, a task I was more than happy to execute.

"No worries, sir." I nodded.

I left the police station and got Prentiss' number from Penelope.

"Hi Prentiss. It's AJ. Hotch wants us to talk to Albert's assistant. Penelope has already managed to track her down." I explained.

"Send me the location. I'll meet you there." I heard Prentiss exhale as I got into one of the BAU's cars, ending the call. Giving Prentiss the location, I added her number to my phone before heading to the marked location.

"How did the crime scene investigation go?" I asked, really interested.

"We made some solid connections. We found what Tahlia Beasley was tied down to." She exhaled.

Reid, Rossi and Prentiss
Reid bent down and used his gloved up hand to lift a small piece of wood off the floor.

"This came from a wooden chair. Mrs Beasley must have been tied down to it, and when she defended herself, she must have broken the chair." Reid explained as Rossi and Prentiss stopped to focus on him.

"At least we now have another piece of the puzzle, and we're one step closer to finding the twins." I was very cheerful. I found being hopeful made most sad things easier to get through.

"Okay. You don't have your official badge yet, but you do have your key card. I'll do the introduction. You just focus on the woman." Prentiss smiled.

We stepped near the offices, a woman looking up at us from her desk. She was the woman from the photo that Penelope had sent me.

"Hi. Can I help you?" She smiled, standing up.

"Hi. I'm hoping that you can. I'm SSA Emily Prentiss with the FBI and this SSA Anna-Jo Parker." Prentiss showed her badge and introduced me. I watched as the woman's face dropped, like she knew why we were here.

"What can I do for you two ladies?" She smiled, clearly trying to keep calm.

"You're Mr Albert's assistant, Cynthia Johnson, correct?" I asked, getting way too excited to just watch Prentiss.

"Yes, I am. Is something wrong? Is Harold okay?" She seemed panicked.

"Mr Albert was murdered 2 weeks ago in his home in Louisiana. Were you aware of this?" Prentiss asked.

"H- Harold is dead? I didn't know. I've been here in Florida for the past month on a separate case." She explained, seemingly concerned.

"Okay. Can you possibly tell us if Harold ever worked with a man named Chris Beasley? Specifically in regards to Chris' son Harvey?" Prentiss asked, trying to be polite.

"Yes. The case was about a botched robbery." She nodded, handing the file to me.

"Was the case officially recorded?" I asked, watching as her face dropped again.

"No. Mr Beasley paid Harold over $10,000 to keep the case out of the official files." She admitted.

"Thank you. Your cooperation has been appreciated." Prentiss nodded as we took the file and left the building.

"I'll head over to Reid and Rossi. I wanna give the crime scene a good look. Take the file and give it to Hotch. I think you two would be better at finding any details hidden within the file." I handed the file to her before getting into the car.

As I drove to the crime scene, my phone buzzed.

"SSA Anna-Jo Parker." I spoke, waiting for a response.

"Oh my god. You sound so official!" I could recognise that voice anywhere.

"Well, Bailey, I have to sound offical, considering my new job!" I laughed.

"Congrats on getting it. What does the FBI have my BFF doing?" Bailey asked, excitedly.

"I'm in Florida on a case, which I obviously can't talk about. But what I can say is that I've never been happier to join a bunch of experts save peoples lives." I exclaimed.

"You get to work with SPENCER REID! How freaking cool is that?!" Bailey laughed.

"Something about him seems familiar, but I don't know why." I exhaled.

"Well, I'm sorry to keep you on the phone. I'll let you get back to your very important...murder case?" She asked.

"Bye Bailey." I laughed.

"Bye AJ!" She laughed back, hanging up the call.

Pulling up to the house, I met with Rossi, who told the police men guarding the house that I was with him. We walked inside, Rossi turning to me.

"Welcome to the crime scene. I hope you don't get too sick looking at blood." Rossi exhaled as he showed me the living room, all walls having splatters of blood on them.

"Wow." I was shocked by the amount of blood.

"Prentiss called and told us about the Harvey Beasley case." Reid kept looking around.

"Yeah. We talked to Albert's assistant, and Harvey Beasley's case was never officially recorded, because Chris Beasley paid Albert over $10,000 to keep Harvey's case out of the official files." I explained further.

"So, we have a connection between the Albert family and the Beasley family, but how does that link to the murders?" Rossi questioned, confused.

"We have to find out soon, or else Harvey and Ellie won't survive." Reid took off his gloves.