Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

I wasn't completely abandoned.

Apollo sent Denarius down with my meals, but Denarius was only allowed to stay for five minutes before Apollo would come storming after him, shooing him out and wiping his memory of where I was located. His paranoia was reaching levels of insanity. The softer part of me knew that he was only doing this because he was scared. His slip-up on calling me Hyacinth was enough to prove that.

However, the god in me was furious. I was not going to be bound and trapped forever. I would find a way out, whether by free will or by that of Atlan's, I was going to get out of here.

For now, I was only allowed to pace the room as far as my chains would let me, and they wouldn't let me far. I was nowhere near the door, therefore jumping someone and forcing them to release me was out of the question.

When I asked Denarius about Arikos and Menoetius, he'd informed me that Menoetius had vanished for nearly six hours before returning and Arikos was furious and had called Hannibal to come help him talk Apollo out of keeping me caged, but I knew that there was no amount of talking to Apollo. Once his trigger was switched, nothing could snap him out of it. Apollo's fear was never a slight one, never a mild phobia, but a full on Salem Witch Trial hysteria.

Thankfully, I was allowed to speak again as Apollo came in to fuck me for an hour before the meeting in the grand hell.

"I should've never been gentle around him," I muttered angrily as I clenched my fist around a fork, taking a bite of pasta, "I should've fought him from the beginning." Denarius, who sat across from me with his own small cup of fruit, frowned.

"I don't think it would've mattered. Lord Apollo allowed himself to get too close to you and now he's paying for it." He said quietly, taking a bite of fruit. I sighed in frustration, glaring down at the fork in my hand, wishing I could use it to gouge out the sun god's eyes.

"How did the meeting go this morning at the temple? What does Zeus think about Apollo locking me up like some kind of caveman?" I asked dryly, stirring up my pasta, playing with the idea that it was Apollo's innards. Denarius seemed to pick up on my violent wavelengths and cleared his throat, snagging my attention to his handsome face.

"The meeting was tense. Zeus was pissed about Apollo locking you up, but he didn't tell him to let you out." He said quietly. I grimaced. Of course he wouldn't. If we were right about Zeus wanting to capture the Khalian, this was all the better for him in case I tried to escape or get kidnapped.

"And Arikos?" I asked. Denarius gave a half-laugh, like he was impressed and in disbelief.

"He's... pretty crazy right now. He really has no respect for a god, and it's kind of funny. He threatened to blow up Apollo's palace if he had to. I overheard him talking to Menoetius earlier. They're going to get Hannibal up here. They've also got backing from Ares and Athena. They're furious about the new arrangements. We'll see what we can do, Callias. You won't stay in here for long, I promise." He said gently, getting up to gather what was left of the meal. I nodded, finishing off my pasta with a bite. He gave me a nod and left the room, closing the door and locking it.

I sighed, slumping back against the wall and wiping a hand down my face in frustration.

It did seem like I wasn't going to be here for long, but the others highly underestimated Apollo's paranoia. They may be able to free me from this hole in the ground, but Apollo would probably chain me to his bed next, and then no one would be able to do much. No one cared if a slave was chained to his master's bed. The only reason people cared now was because I had information about Atlan they could use and because I was "bait".