Lantern Rite Special! Chapter

Start from the beginning

Everything else is covered by heavy black velvet curtains and dark wood frames all around my tiny room. My closet doors are painted black as well.

The whole place looks like something you'd find at a haunted house but it was enough to suffice for until the end of our trip. "Are these your items?" Nilou asks curiously as she walks into my room.

"Yes... Now let's go."

We leave the building and start to run  around Liyue Harbour and saw many people decorating the place, it was beautiful to see it all.

There were colourful lanterns hanging off the roof and strings strung with fairy lights between the very few trees there are.

Even the small pond had its fairy lights set up in it. They lit up the water so beautifully you couldn't really tell how deep it was.

There were tables and chairs laid out in a square, surrounded by people playing instruments and laughing together.

People who looked like they came from a noble background were talking among themselves while they ate and seem to be having an enjoyable time. 'Wish it were the same in our hierarchy system in Sumeru.'

Even in this area where the sound of birds chirping could be heard through the trees, there were still so many people making noise and singing along. It sounded amazing.

This wasn't originally what I had planned for but Nilou says her friends Yun Jin, Hu Tao and Xinyan would be grateful if I filled in the last spot for their performance and since Nilou practically begged for me to help her.

I couldn't resist and my heart clenched and lantern rite was one of those festivals that no one could ever afford to miss. So, I told myself not to regret the decision I already made.

The two of us went down the hill and make sure we descended down carefully, making sure to not fall, and walked towards the main path.

The crowd thinned as we got closer, most people either heading back inside to eat or leaving early to make the long journey home.

"Look!" Nilou points at someone waving their arms excitedly over by the festival's stage. She smiles as she turns to face me. "There she is!"

I glance over at the same direction as Nilou and sure enough, there is another person waving wildly. "So, you guys actually came?"

"Of course! How could I dare to miss an invitation by you three!" Nilou says smiling proudly.

"Miss Nilou! Hey!" Rushed footsteps comes from behind as I see someone else who I didn't recognize. She had blonde hair in two twin pigtails and blue eyes.

"Barbara! My old idol friend, welcome." Nilou says as they both rush towards one another and connect their hands together, smiling at one another so gleefully 

"Alright (Y/N), this is Xinyan, a rock 'n roll specialist but don't be fooled, she can amaze anyone with her music. Then we have Hu Tao who is the Wangshen Funeral Parlor director but she too loves to rap here and there. Barbara is Mondstadt's favourite idol and she's been Teyvat's favourite idol last year and won the award for it too. Finally, we have Yun Jin who is an Opera singer and her voice is like a melody to one's ears, it's authentic and unique. Her voice is highly respected across Teyvat and she too competes with Barbara in idol contests." Nilou introduces everyone one by one as i become more comfortable with them.

"My name is (Y/N) (L/N), daughter of the Herbalist family and I work as an herbalist in Sumeru palace." I say, smiling at them as they also looked at me in awe.

"I forgot to mention that Barbara would also join us but she sent us the letter last minute." Nilou says. 

I could see from their expressions they weren't used to being treated so much kindly. Especially Yun Jin, Xinyan and Hu Tao. I think they are used to being ignored and overlooked.