Doubts

Y/n Pov:

Dua had left right away after she got that phone call from Gigi. And here I was all alone in "our house".
I laid there on the bed thinking how this would probably be a regular thing until her relationship with Anwar ended.

I also couldn't stop myself from thinking that what if I had gotten into a car crash but she was with Anwar at a family gathering, would she leave right away too?

I decided to text Taylor to see how everything was since I hadn't talked to her since the party.

Hi Taylor just wanted to apologize for not saying goodbye at the party, you know just wanted to get out of there because of what happened. I understand if you may no longer want to do much with me. Hope all is well!

She surprisedly responded a few minutes after.

No worries y/n I understand and I still want to be friends duh! Let me know if you'd like to get dinner later we can talk about what happened? Don't worry not mad or anything! What about some pasta? - Taylor

Was I supposed to be accepting this invite? What if it upset Dua more? Actually shut up she has to trust me so I'm going. She's probably too busy taking care of Anwar anyways.

Yes deal some pasta sounds nice meet you at 5?

Sounds great! - Taylor

It was currently 3 so I had plenty of time to just relax a bit and try to stop thinking bad things.

I decided to call Dua but who knows if she would pick up.

Dua Pov:

I had arrived early on in the day in LA and yea Anwar was in pretty bad shape but he was going to be fine.

I was worried about him yes but I knew y/n was probably upset that I left at a good moment to be with the person she sort of hates, that's what worried me a bit more.

My phone rang but Anwar was going on about what had happened.

"Dua please pick that up later" Gigi whispered

I nodded and ignored the call. I couldn't answer anyways, the Hadids in one room were too intimidating that I didn't even want to check who it was.

Y/n Pov

Later

Dua hadn't answered my two phone calls so I just decided she was too busy doing something. I avoided thinking the worst.

I headed to the pasta place Taylor and I decided to go to.

"Y/n! Over here" Taylor screamed

It was good that she screamed because the amount of camera flashes made it almost impossible to see. I went to her and sat.

"Taylor so good to see you as always"I say

"You too" she smiled

We ordered our pasta.

"I really want to apologize for what happened"

"Apologize for what? You didn't do anything to me Dua did"

"Yes but still I should have stopped her or something you know"

"Stopped her? She is her own person y/n I understand people when they're drunk say anything so I'm not upset with her either"

"You could be though"

"I know I can but I prefer not to"

Our pasta came.

"So you and Dua are a thing? Isn't she with a Hadid"

"Yea she is but it's honestly really complicated I only understand that we love each other very much and the whole Anwar thing is just a staged thing"

"Where is she now?"

I look down at my pasta. I honestly don't know why I felt as if Taylor may be trying to tell me something I do not want to hear.

"With Anwar"

"Right I just want you to be careful I've been you"

"What do you mean?"

Taylor looked around to see if anyone was listening but we way far back of the restaurant so no one was around.

"I'm sure you heard of me and karlie kloss? Well people think I was the one who hid the relationship but really it was her who wanted that, she believed it benefited us to do so but at the end it's what ruined us then she married some guy and never spoke to me again"

"I'm sorry that happened"

I really did not know what to say.

"I'm not I wouldn't have met Joe someone who truly loves me and isn't ashamed, I'm not saying Dua is any sort of way like Karlie but it seems like a very similar situation although it may have different outcomes just be careful hold your heart tight"

"I appreciate it , you telling me this I won't lie to you it makes me think a lot but I feel as if I should just go with the flow? I really do love her and I've never believed in love till now, since she walked into my gallery I just felt the urge to care for her" I say

"I respect that cheers to love" she says and smiles

We cheered our glasses of red wine and finish eating. We say our goodbyes and mention how we want to hang more in the near future.

In the drive I couldn't help but think deeply about what Taylor mentioned. I know she meant it as advice but it somehow felt like the future of mine and Duas.

What if she goes on to marry Anwar? What if I'm just the thing that takes away the stress from her? What if she does love him?

I stayed in the car after arriving. I felt as if my heart was about to explode out of my chest. Tears were forming and my head my pulsing. I tried to focus and snap out of it but I had no control.

I grabbed my phone and called Dua. It went to voicemail again. I decided to leave a message this time.

"Dua I love you and you know that but I was wrong this isn't going to work please never see me again don't try to find me again"

I hung up.