CHAPTER 28

SLIDE.

"How are things going there Y/n?" Chishiya spoke to you through the walkie-talkie.

You took a quick glance at your surroundings. "No ones around, and Aguni's still in his room."

"Well, let's go ahead with our plan then. If anyone tries to hurt you, just use the gun you brought with you."

"Yeah."

"I don't know if Arisu is smart or stupid. There's no way they would hide the cards in an ordinary place."

"Most people can't think logically when they're desperate."

"That's too bad. The cards should be kept somewhere else though."

"Behind the painting?"

"I'm almost positive. Whatever was in that envelope, it isn't a code or some blank letter. I think it might just be a drawing."

"Well then, congratulations on finding it, Chishiya, I'm not sure it was worth sacrificing the two of them though."

"Yeah, well, you gotta give something to get something. They were pawns, that's all. Shit happens."

'They also won't constantly have to be in the picture, it's two less people away from you.' He thought to himself, softly chuckling.

You heard the sound of distant footsteps approaching, and very quickly, you hid the device you held into the pocket of your jacket. Since you brought a book with you to pretend that you were reading, you randomly flipped to a page and began reading and acting incredibly into the book, hoping that the Last Boss would just walk by.

The male ignored you and walked ahead of you, but he stopped. Your body immediately tightened up when he turned around. You waved at him and tried to put on a smile. It seemed to have worked because he left shortly after.

Once he made it into the next walkway, you checked up in Chishiya. "Do you have the cards?"

"I have it with me. We can meet up in the back." He answered a mere second after you asked.

You put your walkie-talkie away and headed to the meet up location. There weren't too many people who were outside today, so you didn't have to deal with having to maze your way out of a crowd.

Chishiya noticed you when you had finally made it. He pushed himself off the brick pillar and began walking towards the exit.

"Well, I guess I can get rid of this now, too." He took off the wristband on his wrist.

You sighed. "I still don't think that abandoning them was a good idea; Arisu at least. He saved me in my first game."

"I'm not going to let you go back in there."

"I don't need your permission."

"I'm doing this for you, I'm doing all of this for you. When are you going to see that Y/n?"

"I don't want you to kill people for me; at least not people that have helped me."

"Fine then. I won't." He put his hands into his pockets. "Under one condition."

"What?"

"You aren't ever allowed to leave me."

The request was oddly simple, so you knew that there had to be something else. "What's the catch Chishiya?"

"That's it."

You walked over to the exit. "By the way, I know they aren't going to die."

"How do you know?"

"Another one of my hunches."

The amusement was written all over his face, but you paid it no mind.

You were about to step through the archway when you felt Chishiya pull you back. "Wait."

"What the hell man?"

In the midst of your confusion, he threw his wristband through the archway. You were surprised when a laser zapped straight through it.

"Are you fucking serious?" You muttered in frustration.

'I swear to god Mira. You sure are a bitch.'

You and Chishiya walked back into the building as if nothing happened. Both of you were waiting for the game announcement.

"We would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank you for staying at Seaside Paradise, Tokyo. As a token of our appreciation we will not commence a game with all 58 participants in the venue."

Once the two of you made it into the annex, you quickly found the table that held all the phones. No one had taken any yet.

"Difficulty: Ten of Hearts. All participants must assemble in the lobby immediately. The rules of the game will then be explained. I repeat, all participants must assemble in the lobby immediately."

As soon as you heard the sound of people clamoring, you rushed to the table to take the first 2 phones. You got one for Chishiya, and one for yourself.

"Thank you." The doctor took the phone, taking a glance before putting it into his pocket.

You were nearly about to get run over by the incoming herd of people when Chishiya rushed you over away from them. You gave him a quick thanks.

From there, the two of you located the stairs and climbed up to the third floor. It was the best place to be able to see what was going on on the ground floor.

"There's a dead body over there." You pointed towards the limp female body on the ground. "Stabbed in the chest too."

Chishiya looked over the handrail. "That's Momoka."

When the crowd of people in the annex found the body, murmurs spread throughout the whole building.

"Momoka!" Another female ran out of the crowns and bent down beside her friend. "Momoka! Why.."

She started sobbing beside her friend.

"Game, 'witch hunt.' The murderous witch who killed this girl is hiding amongst you in plain sight. The witch role is not limited to women. To clear the game, you must find the witch and burn him or her in the Fire of Judgement. Time limit, 2 hours."

The sound of the fire outside silenced the murmuring of the people. You walked to the window and peeked outside. There was a perfectly set up fire.

You returned back to where you were to take a look at how the other members were handling it. There's a lot of accusing of one another.

The situation escalated when Niragi cocked his gun and pointed it at the young female kneeled beside her friend. "Are you the witch?"

"It's not me!"

He pushed the gun closer to her face. "I guess we'll know when we throw you into the fire."

"I was in my room! She was my friend!"

"So you're with her everyday, except the day she gets killed."

Your hand was on the gun that you hid. Just watching Niragi walk closer to the female was enough to infuriate you.

"Don't." Chishiya placed a hand on top of yours. "Calm down."

_______________________________

I want to get back into anime with Blue Lock but idk if I should

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONEEEE

Make sure to vote if you enjoyed the chapter :)