every wish is our command

Start from the beginning

"Officially."

"How did you get hurt?"

Lisa grimaced. "Before the Shadow died it kinda blew through me." She shivered and held her hand out over the dash, checking for her own shadow. "I don't know what it did to me but I knew I had to get back to you, so I had Rosie bring me back here."

Jennie could hear the smile in Lisa's voice and she looked over at her. "So is Rosie staying? And Tink?"

Lisa shrugged. "Rosie probably. Tink, probably not." Jennie just hummed and Lisa snickered. "No need to be jealous, Little Bird."

"I'm not jealous," Jennie said, even though it was a blatant lie. Afterall, Lisa had been kissing her against the wall of Sandy's and was coming home with her tonight. That meant that Lisa liked her.

Lisa leaned over as far as she could with the middle console between them, chin on Jennie's shoulder and whispered sweetly. "It's you I came back for, Jennie."

Jennie smiled, Lisa's breath tickling her cheek. "I know."

"Do you?" Lisa asked with a wicked grin that Jennie could just see out of the corner of her eye.

"You might have to remind me," Jennie teased, feeling a little bold as her lips remembered what it felt like to be against Lisa's.

"I can definitely do that," Lisa smirked as she leaned closer, lips brushing behind her ear. Jennie squealed when it tickled, pulling her shoulder up to her ear and pushing Lisa's head away.

"Stop, not until we get home," Jennie said. "We're almost there anyways. See?"

She parked her car and grabbed her own bag. When Lisa grabbed her backpack out of the back of the Jeep, Jennie recognized it as her old school bag. There was even still the little doodles she and Chahee had done in White Out on the side of the faded black bag. Their initials were doodled in little hearts and above that it said "Jennie +" with the name after that angrily scribbled out in fresh Sharpie. Kai's name was definitely under that scribble.

They walked up to her apartment in relative silence, but Jennie was especially aware of Lisa behind her as she unlocked her door. She kept thinking of their bodies pressed together, and it made her hands shake in anticipation. But there was a sort of fear that was keeping her from jumping Lisa's bones as soon as they walked into the modest apartment. She dropped her keys into the bowl by the door, listening to the loud sound it made as it echoed through the room, and swallowed thickly.

Jennie felt Lisa's hands on her hips and she sighed, throat going dry. She leaned back against Lisa's front, one hand smoothing up the side of Lisa's neck to tangle in the soft hairs at the nape of her neck. She turned her face and her nose bumped with Lisa's, pulling the corners of her lips up in a smile.

There was something about Lisa's closeness that made Jennie's entire body warm. Touching her felt like falling into a pattern of familiarity her body just knew. She had been comfortable with Mino, sure, but it didn't start out that way. But now, standing here with Lisa, it felt like they'd been doing this for years.

Then again, maybe they had, in their dreams.

But the very idea of it also terrified her. The idea of giving in to someone so quickly, even when it was someone she had been pining for longer than she could even remember. Even when that someone was Lisa.

"Are you okay?" Lisa asked, kissing her lips softly. "You're shaking."

Jennie's gaze tipped up to her eyes before leaning forward and kissing her again. It was only a whisper of a kiss and Lisa chased her lips but Jennie stopped her with a small tug to her hair. Hearing the gasp from Lisa made her stomach warm.