every wish is our command

Jennie tapped her fingers in a random pattern on the steering wheel of the Jeep, a soft country tune playing softly over the radio as they drove. She rolled her shoulder and cleared her throat again; the silence in the car was deafening.

"So, Mama, when is your flight back?" Jennie asked airily. Casually.

"Yeah, Mama, can we anticipate your impending rejection any time soon?" Jisoo leaned forward and rested her arms on the back of Jennie's seat from the back. Jennie elbowed the back of her seat to jostle her and she heard her grunt in shock.

Bohyun shot Jisoo a look over her shoulder. "I don't know."

Jisoo snorted but Jennie ignored her. "You can stay as long as you want, you know."

Bohyun just looked down at her hands and Jennie turned into the parking lot of the hotel. She parked and all three sat in the car for a moment, not saying a thing. Finally, Bohyun cleared her throat and opened the car door.

"I'll call you tomorrow. See what you girls are doing," Bohyun said pointedly. She shared a look with Jennie, and she let out a shuddery breath. Tears of relief stung the corners of her eyes and she gripped the steering wheel tighter. Before Bohyun was even out of the car, Jisoo started climbing into the front seat, but Jennie shoved open her own door. She rushed over to the other side and hugged Bohyun, squeezing her a little harder when Bohyun's arms encircled her.

"Alright, sweetheart," Bohyun patted Jennie's back and Jennie dropped her arms, smiling. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay," Jennie said, climbing back into her car. She watched as Bohyun went into her hotel room, and Jisoo sighed.

"Think we'll actually see her tomorrow?"

"I hope so."

***

Jennie dropped Jisoo back off at Sandy's and picked up Lisa at the same time. She let her pick whatever music she wanted and she ended up putting on Spice Girls, which was more than okay with Jennie.

Lisa moved Jennie's hand into her lap, long sure fingers played with Jennie's, caressing her knuckles and each bone of her hand like it was something to be revered. She could feel Lisa looking at her from the passenger seat, so Jennie shifted and looked over at her briefly.

"What?"

Kissing the back of Jennie's hand, Lisa just shook her head. "I missed you. And you're so beautiful, how am I supposed to look away?"

Jennie blushed and looked back at the road, even as Lisa's lips dragged over the back of her hand. She shivered and laced Lisa's fingers with her own, squeezing lightly.

"Tell me what happened. In Neverland," Jennie looked back over at her as Lisa rested her head back against the headrest.

"Well I got there and the Lost Boys were ecstatic, they definitely thought I was dead. But the Shadow followed me, I could feel it as soon as I got there. I thought it was already there but it wasn't," Lisa looked out the window for a moment like she was thinking, "I organized with the Lost Boys, mermaids and fairies, mainly my two lieutenants, Jeremy and Robin-"

"You have lieutenants?" Jennie asked.

"Well, yeah," Lisa said, like it was obvious. "Anyways, we went over to the other side of Neverland where the Shadow has always been. It was there, but it was weak. We fought it and we fought Hook and it seemed...done."

"Is Hook dead too?"

"No, he's just locked up on the Jolly Roger," Lisa said.

"So...the Shadow is gone. Officially," Jennie felt a weight lift from her shoulders.