in a place so far away

Mino: Hey baby! Dinner tonight?

Jennie's fingers hovered over the keyboard of her phone, trying to think of what to write back. It shouldn't be hard, right? Just a simple yes. Why was this so difficult? Mino was her fiancé after all. It should be an easy yes and a saucy gif combination to let him know he'd be getting more than just dinner that night. It had never been hard before, but suddenly...

She heard the door of the bar opening, and naturally looked up.

Jennie was not prepared for the Lisa that walked into Sandy's.

Jisoo pushed those doors open and Lisa walked in behind her in dark pants, a deep green henley, and a denim sherpa jacket on top, still with that stupid beanie on top of her head.

Lisa's eyes met hers and her smile widened, cheeks popping adorably.

Jennie nearly choked.

"Welcome back," she managed as Lisa and Jisoo slid into chairs at the bar. "Are you two hungry?"

"I think we're thirsty more than anything, right, Lis?" Jisoo wiggled her eyebrows at Lisa before looking back at Jennie. "Two whiskeys."

Jennie raised an eyebrow at Jisoo before looking at Lisa. "Do you want a whiskey to drink?"

Lisa shrugged. "I've never had it."

"Yeah, that's a bad idea. I'll get you a soda and some burgers," Jennie smiled at Jisoo who looked annoyed.

"What's a burger? Food? " Lisa asked, hand on her stomach. "I'm starving. Can I just have some like...fruit and nuts or something?"

Jennie laughed at the adorably confused look on Lisa's face. No doubt trying to figure out if she was being made fun of or not.

"We're gonna need some extra fries with that burger, Jendeuki," Jisoo said.

Jennie just went and put the order in before she let herself stare at Lisa for too long. It really wasn't fair that she was this attractive. Not when Jennie didn't know why Lisa was here or, really, what they were going to do with her. It was hard to even wrap her mind around the fact that she was here. Living flesh and bone of the person she was sure had been an elaborate figment of their imagination, that Jisoo had taken too far.

She took a moment to help the other customers and try to get her head back in the right place, instead of thinking about how well Lisa had grown up. There were more important things at hand like: where was Lisa going to stay?

Jennie couldn't send her back to the living museum to their family tragedy that was the Homestead. And Lisa certainly couldn't go back home with Jennie. Not with Mino, and Jennie didn't even want to think about telling him about her.

"Girl, why do you have a sword in my bar? No weapons!" came Dara's voice from behind Jennie.

"Oh balls," she whispered, turning back around to see Lisa looking at Dara with wide eyes. "Sorry, Aunt Dara!" Jennie quickly moved back to the other side of the bar where Dara was standing with her hands on her hips. "That's my friend Lisa! She'll go put her sword in my car."

"In your- Jennie, why are your friends bringing swords into my bar?" Dara asked. She turned back to Lisa and squinted. "A friend, eh? Who are you? Why don't I know you? I know all of Jennie's friends."

"I- no, you don't Aunt Dara," Jennie felt herself blush. "This is Lisa. I met her on the...internet."

Dara looked unimpressed and Jisoo, useless as ever, just snorted loudly.

"To be fair she's Jisoo's friend too," Jennie said, pointing at a snickering Jisoo and suddenly feeling ten years old again.

Lisa suddenly stood from the chair and took Dara's hand in her own. She bowed and smiled charmingly at Dara, bringing her hand towards her lips.