The Story of Tai Lung

Start from the beginning

He violently jabs another needle in Po.

Po: Ah!

Mantis: But, you know, he wasn't always like that.

Viper: According to legend, there was once a time when Master Shifu actually used to smile.

Po: No...

Kiarah: (Slightly smiles) Yep, he was once... Patient, loving and devoted.

Po: (Amazed) No way...

She tries to not hide her shaking voice as she started to remembering that her father was once a Devoted and Loving towards her and Tai Lung, until Tai Lung's betrayal started to form Shifu's heart into an "ice-cold".

Outside, Tigress is walking down the hallway when she overhears them talking. She stops outside their door.

Viper: But that was before... [She hesitates]

Po: Before what?

Kiarah was about to say about the past. Suddenly, Tigress enters as she enters Po's bunkhouse room, interrupting the conversation.

Tigress: Before Tai Lung.

Crane's shadow is silhouetted on the wall.

Crane: Uh, yeah, we're not really supposed to talk about him.

Tigress: Well, if he's going to stay here, he should know.

Po: Guys, guys. I know about Tai Lung.

Then, Tigress looks at Po.

Po: He was a student, the first ever to master the thousand... scrolls of... kung fu...

Tigress gives him a piercing stare. He nervously trails off.

Po: And... then he turned bad... and... now he's in jail...

Tigress: He wasn't just a student.

-Flashback Begins-

A younger Shifu steps out of the Training Hall Courtyard and finds a baby leopard cub on the steps, swaddled in cloth.

Tigress: (Narrating) Shifu found him as a cub. And he raised him as his son. The day before Kiarah's arrival.

While being fed, baby Tai Lung yanks off some of Shifu's whiskers causing him to groan in pain as the young tiger giggles.

Tigress: ...and when the boy showed talent in kung fu...

A slightly older Tai Lung approaches the training dummy. He kicks it across the floor, and it hits the wall, knocking a spear from the weapons rack. Shifu approaches, impressed, and Tai Lung nudges him affectionately.

Tigress: (Narrating) ...Shifu trained him. [Shifu teaches Tai Lung how to punch.] He believed in him. He told him he was destined for greatness.

Later on, a slightly older Tai Lung saw what's on Shifu's arms. Tai Lung looked down and his eyes were widened. A human infant wrapped around a blanket, was on Shifu's arms, she was sleeping peacefully.

 A human infant wrapped around a blanket, was on Shifu's arms, she was sleeping peacefully