Resting his cheek on her hair and holding her tightly for what seemed like ages, he murmured, "I'm sorry I have to leave Maddie. I can't stay any longer. I have to go home to my family, and hopefully, when my wife gives birth and everything is stable, we will visit. I promise, Maddie, you trust me. I'm your best friend, remember, and I always keep to my promises."

"Yes, yes..." She said with quivering lips, the words cutting, and she tried to be strong.

"That's my girl. I'm just a call away, and you can FaceTime anytime you want to." Alvarez said again, and this time, cleaning her face with her palms she laughed.

It broke her heart hearing him say these parting words, and tightening her arms again in one last hug; she let out a pained hiss before releasing him.

"Just a call away." She repeated, but this time with tears spilling down her cheeks.

She heard him chuckle before he pulled back enough to look at her face, and only then did she realize how red his own eyes were.

"I'm so happy for you, Maddie. Seeing you this way, with this happy smile on your face and your looks radiating joy and glee. It's soothing, and you more than deserve it. Just look at you and Damien. It's so surreal seeing you both together and in love again. This is what I've always wanted, and my wish did come to pass."

"Alvarez... stop saying these things. You're making me tear up." Madison mumbled, her hands going to the corners of her eyes as she tried to stop more tears from pouring down her face, but her efforts were abortive.

"I can't stop saying it, Maddie, cause it's the truth. I've always prayed for this day, and I'm glad I get to witness it too. This family reunion was magical, and I'm happy that all broken ties and bonds have been repaired. I can go back in peace, and I'm rest assured that all is well. This, right here, is everything."

"Ohh... Alvarez..." She trailed off, a sob escaping her lips, and she felt warm hands creep up her shoulders.

It was Damien, and he gave her a light squeeze, offering his comfort in the only way he could.

"I'm happy you're happy, and that's all that matters. My best friends are finally together, and what more could I ask for?" Alvarez asked, and she just chuckled heartbreakingly.

"I have to get going now, Maddie. I have a night's flight to catch, and I don't want to be late at all. I didn't even tell my wife about this flight, and I want to surprise her, you know?" Alvarez finished again with a wink, and Madison's lips stretched in a heartfelt smile.

"Thank you so much, Alvarez. Thank you for being by my side all these while. Your advice, your help... I can never forget it." Madison said after a while of momentary silence, and she saw him nod in response.

Just as she finished talking, she heard a car honking from behind, and she could only guess that his ride was here.

"Thank you so much, brother." Damien said finally, his hands releasing from her shoulders as he walked towards Alvarez and pulled him into a hug.

Madison watched the two most important men in her life hug passionately, and she couldn't quite make out what Damien was saying to Alvarez, but his speech must have touched the latter because she could see how his eyes were red-rimmed.

Releasing each other from the embrace after a while, they smiled warmly at one another before Alvarez turned to face her again.

Taking one step closer, he extended his hand and placed it on her shoulder, giving it a slight shake.

"Goodbye, Maddie. Good luck. Take care of yourself, okay?" He said before giving her a small wave.

Nodding in reply, Madison turned around, watching him walk toward the car with his bag slung over his shoulder, and after he placed his luggage in the vehicle, he sharply got inside.

With Damien standing beside her, they both stood for a few minutes, watching the car drive away, until the sound of the engine grew fainter, and then he was gone.

Deafening silence falling upon them, with the mansion eerily empty except for the both of them, Damien and her; Madison sighed and looked up at Damien, only to see him staring back at her intently.

His eyes were hooded and trapped in his gaze already; they stood looking at each other until finally, she broke the seeming trance and said, "Damien, why are you..."

However, he didn't let her finish.

Whirling her around swiftly, his palms going to her cheeks, he cupped her face and then leaned down for a kiss.

.......

When his lips met hers, it was soft and hesitant.

His eyes remained closed, and Damien's continued caressing his fingers against her face.

His tongue danced with hers, his right fingers wandered from her face to her hair, and he gripped the soft strands tightly.

"Damien..." She purred, lips still intertwined with his, but he didn't stop kissing.

He craved her so much. Had wanted her for years, and now that she was in his grasp, he wasn't letting go at all.

However, he couldn't forget her fears and how she seemed reluctant to go further in this aspect, and the remainder had him tearing his mouth from hers.

"D..." She called out again, her hands gripping his shirt, and Damien chuckled.

"What is it, darling?" He asked, eyes opening to stare at her, and he was surprised to see her cheeks flushed and her eyes filled with desire.

"Kiss me... kiss me again." She instantly ordered, and Damien raised his brows in surprise.

"Huh?" He asked, his hands wandering down to her waist, and he pulled her into his warmth as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Kiss me again." She said again, her voice confident and his face lit up with a wide grin as he stared back at her.

"It's getting cold. Let's go inside." Damien said softly, but she shook her head violently and said, "I'm not feeling cold. Let's stay here and kiss and...."

Where was this confidence coming from? Damien wondered to himself, his brow raised.

One second she didn't want him kissing her or going further, and the next, she was practically trembling in his arms, begging for more.

He loved this side of Maddie, and well, he would take her up on her offer.

He'd waited for days, weeks, months, and years to do this, and maybe today was the perfect day for everything he had in mind.

"Layla and mother are already fast asleep, I suppose?" He asked, staring down at her, and she just gave a confused look, obviously not knowing what he was hinting at.

"Well, in that case... I can have you all to myself without any disturbance."

"Huh..." She started to say, but he cut her off by pulling her tighter into his arms and carrying her bridal style.

"Damien, what are you doing?" She squealed in amusement, giggling lightly.

"We'll just have to see." He replied curtly, and without another word, he began to walk into the mansion with his woman safely cocooned in his arms.

.......

Thanks for reading. 💕