Andy bolted upright in her bed, hands braced on the mattress behind her, her chest practically crying for air as it heaved up and down, up and down. She clapped a hand over her mouth and tucked her chin to her sweat covered chest. She was trying to get her breathing under control, trying not to be too loud.

She didn't want to attract any attention to the fact that she couldn't get more than two hours of sleep at most.

She wondered if the others were back, if the two Greeks and two Romans idea had worked out or not, if they had captured Nike, if they were alive.

The sound of a knock on her door startled her from her thoughts, and Andy wiped at the tears on her cheeks and straightened her clothes just as her door opened, Annabeth peeking her head inside. The blonde gave her a small smile and pushed the door open further.

"Did you get any sleep?"

Andy nodded. "Yeah."

They both knew it was a lie, yet neither said a thing.

"Well, we've got a plan. Are you sure you want in?"

"Yeah." The redhead forced herself out of bed, avoiding the steely grey eyes of her best friend as she started pulling out clothes to wear. A pair of black sweatpants, a plain white t-shirt, and red platform Chuck Converse. Her hair was curly from her morning shower, so she had no plans to change it or do anything to it. "I'll be fine."

"You were stabbed by Imperial Gold—"

"I know, Annie, I was there. I'm aware of what happened. But I also have no interest in staying on this boat or in my bed for longer than I have to."

"Annabeth—"

Both girls went quiet when Percy leaned against the doorway, looking between the two girls with curious, yet wary sea green eyes.

I can't have you tethered to me right now.

Percy looked away from her and focused on Annabeth. "We're leaving in a few minutes."

The blonde said nothing, did nothing, but nod her head, looking between Andy and Percy and back again. She was confused, that much was clear.

It felt like Peter losing Wendy.

When the boy walked away, Annabeth spun on Andy with her hands on her hips and her eyebrows raised. "What was that?"

"What was what?"

The blonde pointed a finger at her. "Don't act stupid."

"I don't know what you mean," Andy grumbled as she pulled her new shirt over her head. "He was just telling us that we're leaving."

"Yeah, and the two of you couldn't even look at each other for more than a second. So, tell me, what the hell happened, Andy?"

"I...said some things." She couldn't help but cringe at her own words.

"Like?"

"Like, that, uh, maybe we shouldn't be together right now. For his safety."

Annabeth sighed and pressed her hands to her head, frustrated. Andy understood the frustration, hell, she was frustrated with herself. But this was one of the only ways she could guarantee Percy's safety. Even if it meant distancing herself from him.