12: Melancholy of the past

Start from the beginning

"Stop crying now,"

"I'm sorry it's the alcohol-" and we chuckled.

"Let's get out of here,"

--+--

I always bring myself to this place whenever I'm down. The cliff near the beach.

I looked at Yeji and i can see that she's more relaxed than earlier. I told her to lay down the cloth we stole from the bar.

"Too bad we can't see stars here,"

"Well, there's the city lights from the sea," I laughingly said.

"Thank you for being here with me. I just realized i could've went with a kidnapper but thank God you're not!" she laughed.

Even her laugh is pretty.

How could her boyfriend break up with her?

"Can we stay like this a little longer? I don't want to go home yet," she suddenly said as she leaned closer to me.

"How much longer?"

I was staring deeply in her eyes while she did the same.

Followed by laughter.

"Just hmm.....till orange meets blue."

"What do you mean?"

She didn't answer me. Instead she laid down my chest and I heard her let out a deep breath. When i called her she didn't respond. And when i looked at her-

Wow. She fell asleep already.

"Sweet dreams, stranger."

She wasn't there the morning i woke up. All was left was a note on the ground saying,

"Well, orange met blue already! Too bad you didn't see it. Again, thank you. -Y"

That's when i glanced back at the sea, with the sun high enough already to lighten up the place. I laugh at that thought

She meant the sun meeting the ocean.

--+--

Four days later when I found her again exit a mall. I followed her quietly as i plan to wait for the right timing. But everything i saw and heard just broke me to the core.

She started crying hard again, in front of a man who's not even facing her now. I guess he's the boyfriend she talked about.

I wanted to approach them. But i couldn't bring myself to upon hearing her say,

"I made a mistake. She was just a random person. I don't even know why I went with her, maybe she drugged me or-"

"Enough, Yeji." the guy said.

"And i was thinking of getting back to you,"

And so he left her there sitting on the ground. That's also the last time I've seen her.

I went home straight angry at everything only to find out about our dad cheating on our mom. I didn't hesitate to say all the bad things for him to leave.

And everything changed since then. I ended up abandoning my friends thinking they'd also leave me in the end. From that day, i decided to not get attached with anyone.

I focused on helping my mom. And when Yuna got into the accident, i decided to work even harder for her. From that day, i decided to not get attached with anyone.

I still remember everything up to this day. I hate Yeonjun's face, and I hate Yeji's words. But what i hate more is that Yeji can't even remember who I was. Even as that stranger.

--END OF FLASHBACK--

"Why did you make Yeji unnie cry?" Yuna asked once again.

I didn't know I got lost in my thoughts and how many minutes have they been waiting for my answer.

"I'll go home for tonight, I'll see you two tomorrow." I told them.

I looked up the sky and let out deep breaths to stop myself from crying. Get a hold of yourself, Ryu.

I dialed Giselle's number.

"Hey, I'm in this Friday."

I need it.

When Orange Meets Blue || Ryeji AUOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara