20: The EIC's secret

Ryujin's POV

"Karina!" Yeji wanted to go after her so I held her hand to stop her.

"I'll talk to her," i told Yeji. She looked at me teary-eyed.

"Chaeryeongie," i called Chaeryeong to take care of Yeji for a while.

I ran towards the direction where Karina ran off to to find her. I know where she is.

I went to the far left of the school where a small garden is found. It's near the Business building and only few students know the spot. I've eaten lunch or spent my free time with Karina here ever since I've became a member of the paper. So i figured, she'd be here.

"Hey," i called.

*FLASHBACK*

"Ryujinnie, come with me."

I sighed but still followed her to wherever she wanted to go. It's our breaktime and I feel obligated to follow her as the boss and she's the only one warmly treating me in the whole org. 

"I brought us lunch!" she said like a hyper kid. 

"I don't eat lunch," i coldly told her.

"You will now," she smiled at me and handed me a sandwich. 

I just bit the sandwich and heard her chuckle. Who am I to say no to everyone's dream girl? She's as famous with that SSC President we have at the university.

-

Days turned to weeks, weeks turn to months of just Karina taking care of me in the simplest ways. For me, she's like this to everyone. Till the general assembly happened and I got to talk to Yeji again and every feeling i thought that was gone came back to me.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

She just looked for a second and put her head on her arms again. She's on the ground sitting. I heard her sniffle but i just let her finish crying.

It was about 5 more minutes when she stopped and stood up to leave but i stopped her.

"Why are you here?" she asked, mad.

"Why are you crying?" i asked her back. She gave me a look of disbelief.

"In those months we've been together you really didn't notice?!" and now she's more pissed.

"I like you, Ryujin!"

"Karina-"

"God! You are so dense!"

"I'm sorry," All i can do is apologize.

"In those months, you didn't feel anything towards me? Even a little?"

I really didn't. She's a close friend, and I'm comfortable with her. And by that time i didn't have interest in dating or being attached to anyone.

I looked her in the eyes.

"Nothing...and Yeji? You talked twice and now she's your girlfriend?"

I closed my eyes to keep my composure. She doesn't know anything.

"Karina, I've known Yeji for 4 years now." she looked at me surprised. "I loved her from then,"

"I don't understand,"