Chapter 3

Lucas

I totally shouldn't be doing this , should I? For all I know, she could really be an axe murderer but still I could tell she was being genuine when she offered to help me.

I was trusting my guts over logic here. I hope it really didn't get me killed.

Following silently behind her , I took the time to reach her veranda for looking around. Might as well look for escape routes while I'm at it.

But there was no escaping this , unless I run back the way I came and scream at the top of my lungs. Because the small cottage like house was surrounded by woods with only one neighbouring house which , for me , looked like no one was living there. There were two chimneys at both the side of the house and something like a garage on the back side. There were small bushes with flower at the base and two lounging chairs on the veranda.

oh.my.god

Does the place looked comfy? Yes. Yes it did. Does the place also looked like where a psychopath lives in movies? Abso-fucking-lutely!

I was 100% sure she was a hidden psychopath who kills - tortures- people in that garage and dumps their remaining parts in the woods where no one can find them. I was so sure and was going to make a run for it and scream like I thought when she turned around to look at me with an annoyed expression.

She was few steps ahead of me while I was still rooted in place only a slight distance from my car. Oh well....

"How many times do I have to tell you I'm not going to kill you Rey? If I wanted to I could have done that the minute you stepped out of your car"

She had a point there. She really could have but she didn't and judging by the expression on her face she might really consider knocking my ass out if I didn't follow her.

I sighed and followed her again without a word mentally cursing myself to hell and back for making stupid decisions one after another at the span of 48 hours. Talk about being spontaneous!

She turned around and resumed walking occasionally looking back to check if I was following. When we reached her veranda I noticed that axe from earlier at the side of the veranda. I squinted at it to find traces of any suspiciously red coloured liquid.

I visibly relaxed when I found none. My whole face started heating up when I looked at her and found her looking at me with something akin to amusement on her dark eyes but it was gone as soon as it came.

She didn't commented on it and proceeded to open the front door only to stop short and look at me again.

Oh god this was it. She was going to knock me out cold and drag me to her garage or basement or wherever and torture me for days and-

"Are you allergic to cats?"

I snapped out of my mental psychopathic movie scenario upon registering her question. Huh?

"Eh...no?"

The answer came out more like a question but she was obviously pleased with it anyways hence not explaining why she just asked that random question.

But I got my answer the minute she opened the door and we stepped in.

Cats. Lots of them.

Most of them were napping all over the place. A black cat was infront of the television , two with white and grey colour mixed were cuddled together on the lounging chair near the wall , two pure whites, one light brown and one grey coloured were sprawled on the sofa , one of them looking at me with curious eyes , a black kitten was on the coffee table and another grey coloured was on top of the stairs.

oh.my.god

The room looked like it was straight out of hellboy. Was she related to Hellboy? Oh my god was Hellboy real all this time?

The shock and astonishment must have been clear on my face with my jaw hanging open because she cleared her throat and spoke in a small voice " I asked you if you were allergic"

"Oh my God"

"Look you don't have to stay in if you are disgusted or -

"Oh my god they are so cute"

"Huh?"

"They are so cute I-"

I didn't waste any second anymore. I took off in the direction of the one which was not napping and was looking at me.
In order to not scare the cat off I lightly extended my hand and a big grin broke out on my face when he? looked at my fingers before rubbing his head on it.

Growing up I really really wanted to have a cat or cats as my pet. But because of my father not allowing it ( because he thinks having cat fur all over your place is not good and having them on your clothes are downright horrendous) I didn't have any. But I didn't have to worry about dad here.

I picked him up and he started purring. I cooed at him as I scratched his neck "Oh my sweet baby. Aren't you a sweet baby? Yes , yes you are"

"Well...this is interesting"

The monotonic drawl of her voice is what snaps me out of my momentary psyche break. I totally forgot she was there -this was her house- and I was holding her pet cat. But I couldn't let myself to put him down. He was so so warm and cuddly.

"Eh...sorry?"

"It's fine. He's a traitor anyways"

I chuckle lightly at that. I guess she didn't like her pet choosing to stay in my hands and ignoring her.
"Oh come on. He's not a traitor, he's just a cute little baby , aren't you sweetie?" I cooed at him.

He looked at me at that then at her and blinked. She raised an eyebrow in return. I suppose he was agreeing with me there. I smiled at that thought.

"Well as pleasant as it was to see you interact with Lou, I suggest you clean up on the guest bedroom so that we can go over your current situation and see what I can help with."

I sighed and with great reluctance, placed Lou back on the sofa. I turned to look at her and said with a grateful smile "Thanks for all this by the way. I really appreciate this."

With a twitch in her lips , she said "Appreciate that I didn't turned out to be a psychopath?"

I genuinely laughed albeit a little lightly at that for the first time since I ran from home.

"Yeah that too."

"Guest bedroom is first one on the right by the way"

"Okay"

As I made my way up and reached the bedroom I realise that I still didn't know her name.

Oh well...I have still time for that now , right?

Right. With that thought I got ready for the day ahead of me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey My Lovesssssss!!!!!!!!!
Long time no see!
Not really, but I'm really feeling like that.
We just got 100 reads!!!! Oh my lord I'm so happy. Thank you all you lovely humans!!!!
And our 3rd chapter is up.

How do you like it?

Thoughts on Lucas and Lou's interaction?
Thoughts on our fellow cat lady?👀
You'll see more funny cat interactions along the way. All from my personal experience with my own cats by the way.

And guess who's having uni finals but still doesn't study and writes or reads all the time? Yep that's me.
Please pray for your fellow author's finals results if you are reading this.

That's all for today lovely people!!!!
Stay tight for more updates, things are going to heat up(eventually) and don't forget to tap the star at the end either.
Till then bye byeeeee!!!!!