"Baby Steps" | Lenny x Reader

Beginne am Anfang

I tried to dismiss the thoughts as they are infact 'baddies' as Kuki says they are but I just really wanted to get to know that boy.

But that will infact take time considering the whole group doesn't even seperate, so I just stared at them for a moment then turned away as I notice them looking our direction.

They seem to be glaring at the kids next door as they glare back at them,It seems I am in the middle of another staring contest as I sighed.
I just look at their direction and look at the football helmet boy one last time before the bell rang to tell us that classes have started.

We all went our way to class as we took our seats,It is very difficult for me to forget that Lenny kid as I sit right next to them to their left so that means I'm directly next to him.

I took a few glances at him and realized he is just the same height as me,I look at him a little longer until the teacher finally reached the page she was looking for on mathematics and started teaching.

I tried paying attention but it seems to be hard to multitask as I try listening to the lesson whilst giving a few glances at the boy next to me.

I snapped my thoughts away as the teacher calls my name so suddenly to solve an equation on the board,It got me anxious cause now the helmet boy is looking at me along with the rest of their group.

I take a glance at the equation and stood up as I took the chalk and wrote the answer on the board,The teacher clapped at me
"Very good,Y/N! It seems you've learned alot after those tutoring lessons!"
Oops,Did I forget to mention I was tutored cause I sucked at math? Luckily my dad noticed and set me up with tutoring lessons with my teacher twice week.

I sat back down and noticed eyes on me,I shook it off but it still gave me the chills.
I felt a tap on my shoulder and see Wally giving me a thumbs up along with Hoagie giving me a smile!
I waved at them and smiled as I appreciated the sweet gestures,We then continued on with our class until the bell rung and it was time for recess!

We all ran outside and had our fun as some kids were playing on the playground as others were eating lunch,I noticed a familiar helmet across me as he sat alone at one of the tables.

I felt bad as I didn't see his siblings with him and so I sucked up a breath and walked towards him with determination.
I stopped right before him as he looks up at me,I waved at him and pointed to the bench across from him "Is that seat taken?"

He looked surprised and confused but nonetheless he offered me the seat and I happily sat down and took out my lunch.

He just stared at me and didn't seem to move much which kinda creeped me out but I just shook off that feeling and opened up my lunch box,He looked at the box filled with sandwiches and fruit along with orange juice boxes that I took out and again just stared at it not making a single noise.

I sighed at this and took one of the sandwiches in my lunch box and handed it to him, "Here,You can have this!" I say with a smile but he seemed to be taken aback at my words and tried to shake his head no but I already handed him the sandwich that was wrapped with a tissue and gave him one of the juice box I had.

He just sighed and just accepted the food as he took a bite at the sandwich,I smiled knowing he finally accepted it and started to eat my food aswell.
I tried to strike a converstaion but all I got were small replies which made the situation a bit awkward.

I nervously chuckled as I tried to find more things to say "I-I'm sorry if I came to you all of a sudden,It's just that..You seemed lonely and I haven't seen your siblings with you which was wierd but really I just wanted to have a chat with you and be friends!" I explained to him as he looked at me then lowered his head and sighed.

"M-my siblings...They had something important to do and didn't want me to come for some reason so I did what they said and just wait here."
He finally explained and I nodded at his words knowing I don't really get his situation but I did know what it was like to be stepped back by a few old friends.

We just sat there quietly as the whole converstaion got more awkward but he then suddenly started another topic,
"Why were you looking at me before? Did I look weird to you?.." he said quietly,I just stared at him and blinked a few times and started getting red from embarrasment.

"I-I didn't think you'd notice that! I'm sorry if it made you uncomfortable,I-I didn't mean to look at you in a weird way! I just thought that you looked really neat and kinda..." I trailed off knowing that the next word coming out of my mouth was gonna make this whole thing 10x more awkward than it already was.

"Kinda what?" He asks with a small hint of laughter in his voice, "N-nothing! Pretend I never said anything!"
I said with a blush as I tried looking away to ease my embarrassment but at the end he replied with something you didn't really expected,
"I think you're kinda cute too.." he said quietly barely hearable but to you it was clear as day.

Your eyes widen with surprise as your cheeks were tomato red,He just looks at you with red cheeks you couldn't obviously see then chuckles as he ate his sandwich and drank his juice.

"T-The name's Y/N,by the way.." I said still flustered as he giggles with glee
"I'm Lenny,Nice to finally meet you!"

You both shook hands and you then continued eating as he started opening up a few things with you,It wasn't too personal but you two did got to know each other more as time went on!

It turned from small conversations to full blown banters as you two hung out every recess and sometimes when you have time and he isn't with his siblings you two would sneak around and cause mayhem but only small ones.

You two were so distant from each other but in your world of fun you two were inseperable and you two promised to finally show your type of relationship more public once you two would get older,
But for now it's baby steps..
Just baby steps...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The end..

(Thanks to you guys for reading this small fic and I hope you all are doing great,It is truly appreciated that you read my stories!💙)