| 49 | From One Friend To Another

Start from the beginning

          "Be safe out there."

          Jackson stepped out onto the street. The sky was already getting darker, and a light flurry of snow floated down from the grey clouds. He looked to his left and right, waiting a few moments to see if anyone was lingering and waiting for him to get going, and when he was sure Liam or some other demon wasn't lingering in the shadows, he crossed the road and started making his way back to the hotel.

          He checked over his shoulder when he turned each corner and crossed every road. It would be a little stupid, though, for Liam to be out here after Pete had just been killed. He and Ridge were probably laying low somewhere—in their lair, most likely. The lair Damon would be searching for.

          A concerned frown clung to his face as he hurried along the sidewalk, heading towards the hotel's entrance. He was confident that Damon knew what he was doing, but he couldn't keep himself from worrying. What if Damon got hurt out there? It would be Jackson's fault—hell, he wouldn't even know if something happened to him. But he couldn't let his anxious thoughts get to him.

          He hurried inside the hotel and over to the elevator. When it arrived, he stepped inside and waited for it to reach his floor.

          Once the doors opened with a ding, he sighed quietly and made his way through the corridor.

          The moment he got into his room and locked the door behind him, he dragged himself over to his bed and fell into it. Sleep was the only thing he was interested in right now.

          He pulled off his bag and put it on his desk. From within, he took out the two croissants, the chicken sandwich, and the bottle of soda he'd got from Mrs Godie's bakery and put all but the croissants into the mini fridge. He kicked off his shoes, slipped out of his coat, and finally got into bed and made himself comfortable beneath the covers.

          It had been a long, tiring day, and all he wanted to do was sleep until it was time to meet Damon again.

⥗ ❅ ⥖

          Jackson had never been to a friend's house before—he'd never had any friends, as a matter of fact. But when he arrived at Miss Cosgrove's home with his mother, he saw the little boy standing at the end of the hall with a toy magnifying glass in his hands.

          The two women hugged and gossiped for a moment, and when his mother eventually let go of his hand, she ushered him down the hall.

          "Go and meet Wilson, Jack," she said.

          He twiddled his fingers, making his way down the hall. When he met Wilson, he waved nervously. "Hi."

          "Do you wanna see my room?" he asked excitedly, pushing his round glasses up his nose before they could fall off his face.

          "Uh...okay," Jackson agreed.

          Wilson snatched his wrist and pulled him to the left of the hall, up the stairs, and into the room at the end of the corridor.

          Jackson's eyes widened. The shelves lined around the room displayed more toys and stuffed animals than he'd ever seen. There was a whole shelf full of colourful books, the wallpaper was one huge fantasy scene from a movie he'd only seen clips of on the internet, and in the corner was a big television with a white gaming console sitting on top.

          "Is that a Game-Power Dock?" Jackson asked excitedly.

          Wilson looked over at the console as he placed his magnifying glass on his messy desk. "It's the Game-Power Dock V3," he said triumphantly.