CHAPTER 4 PART2 - "CARDS"

[university]

"I'll come to pick you up in the evening," said P'Pete as he handed me a book bag when we arrived now at the front of the faculty building.

"It's okay, P'Pete, you can send  Grandpa and Grandma to go back. This evening I have an appointment with Porche to go for a walk together." I told P' Pete and took my things.

Grandma Jui chanted another spell for me. I Mumbled and closed my eyes, I had to quickly put my hands together to pay respect and look at P'Pete with brightness.

"Alright then, tell me when your home and call me."

"Yes I will"

"Amen!!!" Grandma Chui stroked my head and knocked a little more. I almost bowed my head before speaking.

"Reverend Grandma"

"Let's go, the car behind me is starting to get stuck." Grandma Jui put something on my hand. I took it without looking at it and hurriedly walked into the faculty building.

On the way up to my classroom, I managed to put my bag and hand stuff into place. I Prepare myself before going to the exam room But wait!! What kind of bag is this I remember that I received a bag from P'Pete.

Then at that moment, the image on my brain rewinded and started to stop in slow motion. Grandma Jui stuffed the blue cloth bag into my free hand so quickly that my brain had to process the image over and over again. And I slowly opened the bag in a daze.

Hmmm ?

Lunch box? Is this a lunch box? And what is this...

A square card with a gold transparent glaze, engraved with a strange pattern, catches my eye until I had to take it out to see

'Pass all subjects, Sahatsnetto, Devinto, Thippachakung, Wisotayi, Ikaviti, Buddhasangmi, Lokawitu'

The text is written like that, and the back is engraved with a talisman and a Buddha image.

It's just a quiz Grandma Jui, she's so extra! If she knew that I took a final exam I'm sure she Will put Baisri in my pocket!!

No matter what, I have to recite it too! I raised my hand and muttered a chant and laughed at the strange thing that's happening to me right now, until...

"Macau...what are you doing?" said First who walked past and greeted me with a curious expression.

"Oh, nothing." I hurriedly put my hands down and nodded to greet my classmates. Alright, I'm done praying.

"Then, let's go to the exam room." First nodded.

I quickly put my belongings on the table in front of the room to prepare my equipment for the examination room. When the exam is over, I'll come and eat with the lunch box that P'pete give me.

Honestly Grandma, I took the exam so easily I Answer all the questions, damn it! I finished very quickly and sat down to review again.

And most importantly, I don't have any pressure at all, I don't know if it's because I study hard or because of Grandma Jui's prayers or a spell that I just been recited recently?

It feels like... being cared for the kind of no one has ever made before. Even.... now that I'm walking to the cafeteria I don't have to be crowded with a lot of people, I don't have to wait in line and put pressure on myself among the crowd.

I am not longer suspicious of anyone's eyes. I Don't stress myself when choosing any seats, because right now I'm staring at the bento in front of me with disbelief.