CHAPTER 4 PART 1 - "CARDS"

After I came back from the hospital and went through the realization that what I have done was like a coward, like a fugitive.

I am selfish I don't even think how people feel about me, like Hia and P'Pete, if it really happened, would they endure it? How will they live?

Nowadays what they have done is obviously to protect me...Just thinking about it makes me mad at myself. Let's stop being silly Macau!!

Sigh...

And now I was stressed by the feelings of a big guilt to P'Pete that the atmosphere in the house has to change because P'Pete called his grandparents from the south.

The reason I heard from P'Pete that he missed his grandparents. But for me, P'Pete didn't do it for himself but to make our family look more lively.

[on the dining table]

“Macao, this is my grandfather and grandmother...grandfather and grandmother. This is Macau, he is the real brother of Vegas.”

I looked at the surroundings unfamiliarly. The table was full of food and the sound of conversation was so loud that it looked like people were arguing like southerners.

"hello"

"You can Eat, son. I heard that you've been studying until you're sick. Eat a lot."

When I sat down on the chair with a exhausted look, I haven't time to adjust much. All the food that I could eat was put on the plate relentlessly from P'Pete's grandma's skills with unfamiliarity. So tried to being considerate.

“Thank you.” I smiled and looked at the food that looked strange every time because the colors looked bright and gaudy, the arrangements were sloppy, without formalities.

Adding to the quantity, there are stainless steel pots placed around the table.

"What's your name? these people has a strange name I'm confused"

(actually grandma use the southern language but I translate it right away so everyone can read properly)

I laughed at the unfamiliar language. But I can translate that Grandma complains about our names that seem difficult and not very good at calling.

So I scooped some fried chicken into my mouth and tried it out of embarrassment.

“It's delicious.” I chewed on the chicken and take a small bite on it with a taste like I've never been tasted before.

“Is this fried chicken is Grandma's homemade?”

P'Petw Grandma nodded and P'Pete seemed smiling at me with satisfaction.

I Suddenly sensed something like a heart that has been drop for a long time It started to raise bit by bit...

Maybe Because i found delicious chicken?

Probably not...

But it may be the intention of the cook.

Or because the people around me are happy, or I do my best with a regret in my heart for P'Pete. it's something normal but I've never experienced it...

"It's delicious, eat a lot, kid. Grandma will make something for you soon." P'pete Grandmother spoke with a copper accent and scooped minced pork and tofu soup into a bowl and handed it to me again which I accepted immediately, of course, I have a very good appetite.

Eating and answering P'Pete's Grandma questions until i just realized that I began to relax from the stiffness and became more and more at ease. It's easy to smile, it's different when I'm with P'Nop.