Chapter 42: Stupid Jeon Jungkook

Start from the beginning

Park Jimin bites. He is never a target for bullies. He never came off as a weak character who needed protection, but still. Jungkook felt the need to protect the smaller one since they were in 2nd grade. Stupid reason. Just because he's taller.

And that became a habit. A very deep habit that later became himself. Jungkook lets the memories flow into his mind. He can't remember since when, the smiling crescent eyes made the piano practice session less boring. He can't recall when Jimin's laughing voice somehow gave the energy to finish his math exercise faster. Since when did Jimin's presence become the air he breathes? They know they got each other, and they never doubted that. Jungkook believed he could do anything as long as Jimin was there.

When did that happen? Jungkook won't even try to remember. When did it end? They got along so well, and how come 'us against the world' type of friendship just disappeared. He guesses it happened when they were becoming teenagers, when puberty hit Jungkook before Jimin did.

Was that when it ended? When Jungkook developed some sort of feelings for the first time. The feelings he didn't understand. He just knew that he was so angry around Jimin, and that caused them to bicker and fight a lot.

Jungkook still took care of Jimin at school and when they hung out. He made sure Jimin ate well and studied well since forever. That was the most he could do as an angry teenager who didn't even know why he became so serious. Jimin always raised questions about why Jungkook would be mad when he smiled and was happy hanging around with their classmates.

No more us against the world. No more Jeon Jungkook who always smiled innocently at Park Jimin. A lot less hugging each other. A lot less hanging out with Jimin every day and during weekends, and Jimin didn't give up on crawling his way back to Jungkook. He even made a statement that Jungkook is not allowed to shut him out that way. Taehyung came into the picture later, and Jungkook also made a statement by his actions that Jimin is not allowed to chase him away as well.

It's selfish of him to never show his feelings and make Jimin feel miserable at times with his actions. Being angry was so much easier, and it has become a habit to be grumpy. Not giving up on their friendship, he always knew that Jimin could feel some sort of wall between them. Jungkook was secretly happy that Jimin got Taehyung as his soulmate to share everything with. Something Jungkook was too weak to do for Jimin.

But no, Jimin shouldn't be close with someone more than him. He made sure everyone knows that. Always,

Jungkook can still remember how he ran and screamed into his pillow out of joy when Jimin came out to his parents that he's gay. However, stupid Jeon Jungkook was able to pull off the plug of joy like it never happened because that came with the news of Jimin having his first boyfriend Jackson, at the same time Jungkook was dating a sunbae at school.

The young boy was told that he hit puberty fast because of his genes. At the age of 14, his first heartbreak happened from an older girl who took his virginity. The older girl who was his first time in everything, and it was extremely painful to be dumb over a text. The reason being Jungkook is too young.

Jungkook can still remember how painful it was. He just kept to himself. It's what Jeon does. Boys don't cry, remember? It was painful when someone who meant something to him just disappeared from his life. That night when Jimin knew about his breakup and came with comfort food. While looking at Jimin who's trying to sing something stupid to earn his laughs, Jungkook's scary thought slipped through his head.

'What if it happens to him and Jimin?'

'What if Jimin disappeared from his life?'

'What if he never got to see Jimin again?'