Chapter 4 Curtis

Evelyn's POV

After the flaming Parker, I was always angry at him. How dare he be so disrespectful to me? Who does he think he is?

"Evelyn, I'm going to the west part of the village to treat a patient. Will you be okay on your own?" Harvey's voice broke my thoughts. 

"Okay! Be careful through!" 

Harvey smiled before he left. 

"Gosh, I'm bored." I signed out, starting out of the window. 

I suddenly lit up again. "I know! I'll take a walk near the lake!"

I walked out of Harvey's hut, earning stares from the beastmen. It was unwanted attention from when I had flamed Parker. 

I struggled off those stares and continued my walk towards to lake. Soon enough, I finally reached the lake. 

"Woah! The lake is so clear!" I said, awed by the crystal clear blue lake in front of me. It was a beautiful scene. There were lush green grass and rows of bright flowers. 

I made the right decision to come and take a walk here! I walked along sends the lake before following the many trails of flowers. 

I wished that Earth also had these scenery! How good would—BAM!!!

I landed on my knees in a the middle of a dark place. 

Huh? Wasn't I just walking along with those blue flowers? Ouch, my knees hurts. 

I looked up ahead and so some huge flat rocks and  decided to take a sit there. 

As I walked nearer and nearer to the rocks, I noticed a large neatly fold cloth on one. Curiosity filled me and I took rather small steps towards it. 

It was bright red and had some beautiful designs on it. I reach out to touch it and found it pretty smooth. 

Wow! It's so pretty!

I picked it up and smiled, this really remained me of clothing back at home. After arriving to the Beastworld, Harvey lent me some furs which were very comfortable, however, it was still different from home. 

Curtis POV

I slithered towards my cave, back from my hunt. I hissed, before halting to a stop.

  A female's scent...will she like my shedded skin?

I quietly continued my way to the cave and saw a rather pretty female picking up my skin. Excitement ran through my veins. 

Evelyn POV:

This red cloth looks just like snake skin for some reason. Wait, snake skin? I suddenly halted my movements before my eyes lit up. I'm 99.9% no 100% sure that this is Curtis' snakes skin! 

A slight movement caught my attention. 

Curtis! I had always adored Curtis. He was one of my favorite characters along with some of the second male leads like Harvey that Bai threw away. 

I looked around the cave and saw a pair of red eyes staring back at me. 

"Hi," I greeted him as it was the first thing that came into mind. 

He hissed before coming out from the deep shadows. 

"Do you like it?" 

Wow, he's really a man of few words.

"Yes!" 

His eyes lit up. "Would you take me as a male?" 

Uh...isn't this question a bit too quick?

"I accept you but I also have another male I like." I said this very cautiously. 

Although I just came into the Beast World, I did really like Harvey in the book, I fact he was one of my favorite characters. Meeting him in real-time life seemed to push my like into love.

As I expected, he wasn't too happy with that. 

But what came next surprised me. 

Author's Notes:

Heh heh! Cliffhanger!

Anyways, what did you think about this chapter?

Please tell me in the comments below!