( CHAPTER FIVE. )

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE.

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

(THE YEARS WERE NOT GENTLE, it is said that the Princess and the Queen were not the only ones with quarrels. While Princess Rhaenyra's children⎯ Jacaerys and Lucerys shared a strong bond. The same could not be said about the Queen's two oldest sons, Aegon and Aemond. 

The cruelty of children is known to all. Princess Camaela was fourteen, Prince Aegon thirteen, Princess Helaena eleven, Prince Aemond ten, and Prince Daeron seven. Camaela, Aegon and Helaena were dragonriders. Helaena now flew Dreamfyre, the she-dragon who had once carried Rhaena, Maegor The Cruel's "Black Bride". Aegon had Sunfyre, Camaela had Lady. Even Prince Daeron had a dragon, a lovely she-dragon named Tessarion, through he had yet to ride her. Only the middle son, Prince Aemond, remained dragonless.

It was reported by Maester Eustace that the disputes between the two princes⎯ Aegon and Aemond started because of the latter's lack of dragon, and his brother's extravagant pride of his dragon, Sunfyre the Golden. 

While Mushroom reports that Prince Aegon was madly inlove with their half-sister, Princess Camaela, and stumbled upon her and his brother sharing a kiss under the heart tree in the Godswood.

It is said that the brothers' dislike for each other took a violent turn that day in the Godswood, only when Ser Arthur, the sworn protector of Princess Camaela, and Ser Criston Cole, intervened between the two to separate them. 

From that day, Princess Camaela has kept to herself and refused to aknowledge Prince Aegon's presence anymore. It is said that the close companionship that the two shared once, was shattered beyond repair. 

Princess Camaela favoured her brother Prince Aemond. 

CAMAELA

DESPITE THE CHILL THAT TRAVELLED ACROSS THE REALM, Princess Camaela chose to ignore the maesters' words and brush their worries of going outside the walls of Maegor's Holdfast.  The Godswood was a place where she loved to hide from her life (or prison) inside the castle walls. 

This morn, Camaela was sitting on the grass, twisting the Red Dragon's breath in her right hand's fingers, while her left played with the strands of silver-white hair on her lap. 

Her physical form was present, while her mind swam away. She found sleep rarely these last days, she found it hardly⎯ and she would only sleep for few hours before she wakes again from her nightmares.