What a joke.

He offered me a grin in return, as his fingers intertwine with mine. I hate to admit it, but Imran definitely is an attractive man. The features only seem to pop out more whenever we're playing this role of ours. However, it doesn't affect me.

At least, not anymore.

Ignoring the persistent press, we trudged down the red carpet and into the grand hall, where the event is being held. We came to a stop by the entrance, taking in the sight of the nearly filled up hall. Exchanging a look, we gave each other a curt nod.

Let the games begin.

~*~

"You two have been married for what? Two...years?"

"A year and a half." Imran responded to the woman standing in front of us, prying into our lives a little much more than I would like. Yes, I'm used to people asking questions all the time and perhaps it's because I've been a little bit on edge today, her questions are doing nothing other than annoy me. "We're five months away from making it two."

To compliment his words, I offered her a small smile when her eyes met mine. From a glance, I knew she wasn't interested in our 'happy' life whatsoever.

She and I had crossed paths before, and not in the best way might I add. Whilst trying to get her daughter to end up with the Imran Hadi, I happened to be the lucky one. Note the sarcasm. Honestly speaking, I don't know why she even bothered to begin with.

Everyone knew Imran's father and mine are good friends. Well, as far as the word 'friends' go in the business world. They are that. So, it didn't come as a surprise to anyone that the two of us ended up together.

It was almost like it's meant to be, you know. And besides, the two of us knew that we would end up together at one point—even if there were no feelings involved.

"So...when will we hear any good news?" The sound of her voice came, putting an instant halt to my thoughts.

I blinked, and looked up to meet her gaze with slightly drawn in brows. "Good news?"

She nodded, before pressing her lips together. There was a glint that passed through her eyes, an instant heads-up that told me I wouldn't like whatever she'd spew outnext. "Pregnancy, of course." She stated, like it's the most rational thing. "Isn't it about time you two consider having kids? After all, you won't stay this young forever."

There it is.

The one thing I hate the most about this whole marriage thing.

You'd be surprised to know how many people ask that very question, and each time just happens to be more annoying than the last.

'When are you having kids?'

'When will you share good news?'

"When are you planning to expand your family?' It's truly a never-ending circle of the same question being asked.

This time around, I didn't even bother to hold myself back from rolling my eyes as I looked away—no longer wanting to stare at her makeup baked face. Folding my lips in for a brief second, I hoped I'd be able to stop myself from spewing something that I won't regret later. As the hosts of the Summit, I'm supposed to make sure we go through the night peacefully.

"—Or...do you have a problem, Nailah?"

Screw peace.

What did this woman just say?

Swiveling my head around to look at her with narrowed eyes, my mouth hung open for a slight second as I fought the urge to scoff. The smirk her lips stretched into only had my eyes narrowing even more.