Let Me Down Slowly : Words ≠ Actions (Of Broken Promises)

Summary:

Heeseung promised Jay the world..

_★彡

Jay felt numb, he'd been up for nearly half an hour and he wasn't surprised to be welcomed with the familiar clinical smell. He was alone and the only thing that made him aware that he'd been visited was the corner of flowers and balloons in his private hospital room, but even that wasn't enough to make him feel any better about himself, even that wasn't enough to filter out the thoughts in his mind and only one thing screamed in repetition,

Why am I still here, alive?

He felt a fresh wave of warm tears fall onto his cheeks.

He felt as if he was being punished, he wondered what or who could be so important in his life that his weak body refused to give up on, and then the sound of the door opening slowly alerted him. He quickly wiped his damp eyes and waited to see who it was,

And then he remembered, as he heard his husband whisper to their son to be as quiet as possible inorder not to wake him up. He remembered his sole reason to live.

Riki's eyes popped wide as soon as he saw Jay sat upright.

"Daddy!", he practically squealed, "You're awake"

The boy ran to him and gave him a warm hug. Jay fought the urge to wince, he was in pain but Riki could take it away. He barely noticed Heeseung approach them until he felt his figure on the other side of the hospital bed. He looked up in shock, he couldn't find a single sign of hurt, pain, anger or hate, instead he saw guilt clear in the older's eyes.

Jay flinched when he felt his large hand encase his own.

"You're okay", Heeseung whispered to him and for the first time in a while, Jay felt that he truly was.

_★彡

Heeseung tried not to react when he lifted Jay out of the car.

He's so light

Another pang of guilt washed over him. He failed to take care of the love of his life when he was hurting the most.

Riki walked closely, ever since Jay had woken up four days after he had been admitted to the hospital, the pup refused to leave his side. Multiple times, Heeseung had to coax him into eating, showering and even peeing, but he understood his son. He just missed his dad so much.

Heeseung lay him in their bed once they reached their room and made sure he was comfortable while Riki climbed the bed and made home on the omega's right side.

He covered them both with a warm blanket and kissed the top of both their heads before he left them to converse in hushed tones.

Heeseung nearly collapsed once he was out of sight. It all weighed down on him. His beautiful little family, he almost lost it.

He promised himself that he wouldn't let that happen..

_★彡

It makes my heart sick

"Jay", Heeseung had never used that voice with him, even when he had grieving over the loss of their second child.

"Please", Jay didn't know what to do, his knees hurt from the way he'd abruptly fell to the floor before his husband. He couldn't understand.

"Get up"

"Please", he wasn't usually one to beg but when Heeseung had looked him in the eye and told him with finality that he didn't love him anymore, he was left with nothing else to do.

"Stop"

"No, please", he sobbed. It's been a while. He'd been holding them back for so long that finally they gushed out with no restraint, he couldn't control them.

"I-fuck, just fucking get up!", Jay shook his head, moving closer to him.

"Please tell me what I did wrong", guilt rose in Heeseung's chest. It was all him fault yet Jay still took the blame for all his mistakes, "Tell me"

When I remember all the good words

"Hyung no, don't do this, don't leave me please", the omega panicked when Heeseung pried his hands off of his feet, "Tell me what I did wrong "

"I'm done talking Jongseong"

"Hyung!", Jay stumbled as he tried get on his feet. The alpha continued to walk away, "Heeseung!"

"No! Tell me how I can fix it hyung!", Jay finally broke down, he sobbed loudly and he knew the house staff could hear him but he couldn't care less. He couldn't lose the love of his life, "Alpha please!"

Heeseung stopped by the door and gave him a blank stare.

"I'm going to Jake's", Jay whimpered at that. Of course he'd go to the reason his marriage was falling apart, "When I come back tomorrow I hope to find you in a less embarrassing situation so that we can discuss this like adults"

And the broken promises