..series overview #1 - lmds..

Full Name

Let Me Down Slowly

Title Reference

Let Me Down Slowly Alec Benjamin

Teaser (1)

Being strong doesn't mean you don't have moments of weakness.

Moments of weakness don't define who you are because that's a part of being human. Times like those, where you crumble don't make you a weak person.

"I need you to understand that Jay. You are the strongest person I know and I don't want to hear you say that again"

"Then why do I feel like this? Why do I feel like I'm drowning. Look at me! I'm fucking crying. Isn't that a sign that I am weak. I should be out there, smiling, cheering for my son but I'm here hiding from them"

"Your tears are relevant because they signify your pain. I'd be doing the same thing if I were in your shoes"

"It just hurts knowing he's out there and he doesn't miss me at all"

Teaser (2)

"I remember a time when they were fighting. I think I was five or six and I had no idea how bad it was. All I knew was that something was wrong and that daddy was sad".

"The three of us were in their room, I was colouring a picture before they started to raise their voices, Daddy threw a pillow at Appa and the next thing I knew was that he was crying so he went into the bathroom and closed the door. I didn't really know why but I wanted everyone to be happy so I walked over to Appa and I tugged at his trousers"

"I can't explain it but he looked so guilty when he looked down at me. He grabbed my hand and he whispered, 'Baby, let's go say sorry to Daddy'. I was so excited because I knew things would get better"

"I'll tell you I'd never felt so bad in my life when we opened the bathroom door. He was sat on the toilet seat and he was shaking. Daddy hates it when I see him cry, he's always been like that so when he saw me he quickly wiped his tears and he looked at Appa. He was so confused. Appa let go of my hand. I was a little upset about that but then he kneeled down in front of him and he took his hands that were on his lap and I forgot about being upset. He was so gentle and then he apologised. I was so happy because they were okay and I knew they were going to be just fine"

Riki left out the rest because he thought it would be a little selfish for him to explain the rest to the older man. He felt he'd be a little uncomfortable.

He decided to keep the rest to himself, leaving out how his dad pushed his appa back a little. His appa misunderstood and he thought he was still pushing him away but instead he knelt down next to him. It looked a little awkward seeing that they were right in front of a toilet seat but that didn't matter because his dad brought one of his hands to his appa's cheek and kissed him so sweetly. They embraced each other for a while before they looked at him, having realised he was still there and soon enough he was pressed in between them, loving the warmth and the love that seeped out.

He selfishly wished they stayed that happy forever, but forever is a really long time and it's startling how a promise to stay can be broken so easily.

Teaser (3)

"So you've been casually hooking up and you hadn't felt the need to tell me?"

Teaser (4)