Chapter 150: A Snowy Night

Start from the beginning

Mrs. Yan was mometarily surprise before hugging Shen Jintai first and taking the flowers from his arms: "Thank you."

"Auntie and uncle, happy anniversary!" Shen Jintai said sweetly.

Mrs. Yan smiled and went to hug Yan Qiuchi. When Yan Qiuchi wanted to give her the bouquet she said: "I can't hold it all. Give it to your dad!"

Yan Tiefeng smiled and said: "Give it to me."

He took it and said to Mrs. Yan: "They are all your favorite, pink."

Mrs. Yan has a girly heart and loves pink flowers the most. Seeing these today, she was incredibly happy. Since Shen Jintai and Yan Qiuchi have confirmed their relationship, she had been anxious to see the two of them. Last time when she came to the hotel, she missed Shen Jintai due to him working overtime. As such she had been anxious for several days now waiting for this moment.

Shen Jintai and Yan Qiuchi still acted the same, as if they had not become any closer while in front of her, but she felt that their relationship felt different. From a glance she could feel there were hints of intimacy between the two of them.

"I didn't prepare any gifts for uncle and auntie." Shen Jintai said.

"You have given enough gifts this morning. We can understand your intentions. We didn't plan to make it a big deal. Besides, you are the best gift for me and your Uncle Yan." Mrs. Yan smiled happily.

"You don't know how happy your Aunt Fang has been these days. She's been humming songs all day at home." Yan Teifeng said.

The Yan parents were really open-minded. Not only that, but they also have very good personalities. Probably afraid that Shen Jintai would get embarrassed, Yan Tiefeng said: "Let's eat and we can talk while eating."

During the meal, the topic between Shen Jintai and Yan Qiuchi was not brought up. The embarrassment and tension that Shen Jintai felt quickly disappeared. The four of them ate dinner like usual and mostly talked about work.

Because the year was coming to an end and annual reports were going to be released, Yan Tiefeng asked many questions regarding Sunshine Media. Due to the technical aspects, Mrs. Yan and Shen Jintai couldn't really join the conversation.

"That's normal between the two of them. They always talk about work when they meet." Mrs. Yan said: "How is Qingquan been recently? I have also read the news. That child is so pitiful."

Shen Jintai: "He is still adjusting. This incident had a great impact on him."

Mrs. Yan: "It will be New Year's Day in two days. Will your crew give you a break for New Year's?"

Shen Jintai: "The filming process of our crew is going much slower than expected. We've been working overtime recently. Not only New Year's, but I'm afraid even Chinese New Year's will have to be spent with the crew."

When Yan Qiuchi heard this, he turned his head and said: "You won't be able to take a vacation during Chinese New Year's. If you delay it any longer, I don't know how much money we will have to spend on this project."

Mrs. Yan smiled and said: "So business-like. You don't even know how to feel sorry for others."

Shen Jintai: "I also want to finish it quickly. The schedules behind me have been arranged, and they have all been disrupted by the current drama."

"Overtime is overtime. I've taken a look at some of the rough cuts and they aren't bad." Yan Qiuchi said to Mrs. Yan as he spoke: "How much have you drunk?"

Mrs. Yan smiled, put down her wine glass, and touched her face, looking quite girlish.

"Your face is flushed. Aren't you afraid it'll swell the next day?" Yan Tiefang said softly.