Prom Queen

"I've been to Ann Taylor Loft, Filene's Basement, and, like, six Forever 21s and I cannot find a dress that fits," Lauren ranted as she walked into the choir room with Santana, Brittany, and Autumn. "I'm gonna be forced to make my own dress for prom."

"Don't. You'll seem poor," Brittany said.

"Aren't you up for prom queen?" Autumn asked, frowning.

"Yeah, you can't make your own prom dress," Santana agreed. "Prom is like our Oscars. It's seriously, like, the most important night of our lives."

"What about getting married?" Lauren asked.

"Oh, you can get married as many times as you want," Quinn said as Autumn sat down next to her. "You only have one shot at your junior prom."

"What are you guys talking about?" Mercedes asked as she walked into the room.

"Prom dresses," Lauren sighed, rolling her eyes.

"Thank God I don't have to worry about that," Mercedes grumbled. "I'm not going."

"Me either," Autumn mumbled.

"Why not?" Kurt asked, looking between the two girls with a shocked expression.

"Cause nobody's asked me," Mercedes shrugged.

"I don't feel like going," Autumn mumbled, casting a quick glance towards Rachel out of the corner of her eye.

"Alright, guys," Mr. Schue said as he got everyone's attention. "Prom."

"Please tell me we're not doing songs about prom," Sam groaned.

"Are there even any songs about prom?" Naomi frowned.

"Nope. We are the prom," Mr. Schue said.

"The fuck?" Juniper scoffed, furrowing her brows.

"Figgins has asked us to perform."

"So, why didn't you just say that?" Naomi asked.

"Let's do Run Joey Run," Rachel eagerly said.

"Now, I know this isn't ideal with nationals coming up, but we really don't have a choice. And, we could really use the money," Mr. Schue said. "But I know that prom is a special rite of passage. I want to make sure that all of you guys get a chance to enjoy the dance, too. So we're gonna stagger the performances so that each and every one of you has a lot of time to dance with your dates."

"Gross," Autumn scoffed.

"Excuse me," Mercedes mumbled as she stood up and left.

"Is she okay?" Mr. Schue frowned.

"Mercedes doesn't have a date for prom," Quinn said.

"So? I don't have a date," Brittany shrugged. "I'm just going to dance. And then all of your dates are gonna ignore you and come dance with me, so...your dates are really my dates."

****

"Alright, bitch," Juniper said as she plopped down next to Autumn on the couch in the library. "What's with all the pouting?"

"Rachel's going to prom with Jesse St. James," Autumn sighed as she closed the book she was reading. "I get it. I haven't been here. She's allowed to move on, but...I don't know...I guess part of me wished that things would go back to how they were before."

"Damn, that sucks," Juniper said. "I'm sorry."

"It's whatever," Autumn shrugged. "What about you? You haven't insulted anyone yet this week."

"I don't know, I guess I'm just not really feeling it," the Latina mumbled. "I'm kinda bummed. Quinn's going to prom with Finn."

"Aw, Juni Baby's got a crush," Autumn teased, laughing when Juniper pressed her lips together and glared at her. "How did this even happen, anyway? I thought you guys hated each other?"