The Substitute

Naomi sat on the floor of the choir room with a cup of ice, her head resting in Autumn's lap as the older girl played with her messy brunette locks. She sat happily munching on the ice she got from the athletics hall – which was the good ice, the kind they use at Chick-Fil-A – as she made jokes in her head about their Glee Club teacher.

"Why did you make Autumn get you a cup of ice?" Rachel asked, furrowing her brows as she looked at the youngest Glee Clubber.

"My throat hurts, and cold things help it feel better," Naomi mumbled around the rim of the styrofoam cup as she shook some ice into her mouth. "I like ice."

"Why is she like this?" Artie asked Tina, who just shrugged.

"Leave the kid alone," Santana scoffed. "If she wants to eat ice, let her eat ice."

"Alright, guys, um... time to start thinking about song selections," Mr. Schue said as he wrote on the board. He turned around to face the New Directions, and he stared confusedly at them.

"What kind of drugs is this bitch on now?" Naomi asked as she chewed her ice.

"Yeah, and where can I get some?" Puck asked as Autumn shot him a look.

"Looking good, Puckerman," Santana smirked. "Someone's been eating their wheaties."

"These guns are fully loaded," Puck said, kissing his mussels as Naomi gagged.

"Ew, I think I just threw up a little," she said, making a face. "Auttie, he has no game."

"I really don't know what I ever thought I saw in him," Autumn admitted, shaking her head.

"Mr. Schue, I, for one, think we should use our set list for sectionals to start exploring the oeuvre of one Bernadette Peters," Rachel beamed.

"I have no idea who that is," Naomi frowned. "Can we sing a Fifth Harmony song instead?"

"Someday, I'm going to go to Paris and visit the Oeuvre," said Brittany.

"I just want to dance," Mike shrugged.

"Mr. Schuester, you look a little green," Mercedes said, furrowing her brows.

"Um... I think I'm gonna go to the nurse," Mr. Schue said, still staring strangely at the class. "But first, I feel like I should get you guys a sitter."

"I'm 14," Naomi scoffed. "I don't need a babysitter."

"Uh, Rachel and Autumn are in charge," Mr. Schue said, pointing to the two juniors before walking out of the choir room looking like a zombie that had just risen from the dead.

Rachel jumped up from her seat and erased what the teacher had written.

"Rach, what are you doing?" Autumn asked, furrowing her brows as her girlfriend wrote 'me' on the board in big, bold letters.

"Class, in Mr. Schuester's absence, I'd like to go around and ask everyone what solos they'd like to hear me perform at sectionals," Rachel said as she turned around to face everyone.

"Alright, you know what? Let me at her!" Santana yelled as she got up to charge at Rachel.

Autumn shot up from her seat and pulled Naomi out of the way as Brittany, Sam, and Mercedes held the angry Latina back.