CHAPTER 2: Hints

Hey guys, so I've finally been able to get on to wattpad to upload. Please tell me what you think of Chapter 2. I appreciate you all. If you like please vote or fan. Its your choice.

 Thnx again AnonomousZ.^_^

_________________________________________________________

----------------Tristian’s POV------------------

“Long story.” She answered me.

“Oh… okay. I take it you don’t like her, right?” I guessed.

“What makes you think that?” she asked. She looked so serious, like she didn’t know what I was talking about. Oops I felt really stupid then, I didn’t know how to reply.

“Oh... Uh… nothing mu…” She burst out laughing, in all honesty I was surprised. She really had me convinced.

“Your face was classic! I wish I had a picture to put on Facebook. Ooh well. There’s always next time.” She said struggling to contain her laughter.

“Who says there would be a next time?” I asked jokingly.

“Me, you got a problem with that?” She looked serious again. I nearly fell for that again. I admit; I'm really gullible. But I believed there would be a next time, actually I knew.

But I didn’t have time to reply because the bus stopped and she jumped up and made her way to the door.

Someone or another threw a tennis ball at her head. She spun around like lightning and caught it. Wow good reflexes. She threw it back with ease and it hit the guy who had thrown it on the forehead. And good aim, I thought. Ouch! I heard that, that must have hurt. He glared at her, you’d expect her to apologize, but she didn’t, she just glared right back. He began to walk towards the front of the bus where she was standing. He had broad shoulders, short, spiky, dark hair, hard brown eyes and a square jawline. I defiantly wouldn’t want to get into a fight with that guy; he would beat me into a pulp.

He stood in front of her, looking down, trying to intimidate her. She looked pretty small compared to him. But his intimidation wasn’t exactly succeeding, okay fine, it wasn’t succeeding at all. She stood strong, unfazed.

“What's your problem, Freak!?” He said. Should I help her? Thoughts of what he could do to her ran through my mind.

“Nothing, what’s yours?” She replied. Okay so she doesn’t need my help.

“You’re my problem, freak!” He answered.

“And what are you going to do about it, Darren?” She challenged in a mocking tone. Ah, so she knows him. But how? Damn I hate being the new kid and knowing nothing. And why do they keep calling her freak? What did she do? Again I hate not knowing what is going on. Or maybe... no that's not possible... It couldn't be her. Could it? I shrugged the thought off, it defiantly couldn't be her.

Darren just stood there. Claire was clearly gaining the upper hand, and Darren was quickly losing his confidence. Now that was a sight, nothing like that happened in my old school. Claire shifted and Darren flinched. Darren was afraid of Claire. But why? Why does everyone look so scared and uneasy?

“No answer. Or are you just too afraid to do anything about it, Darren?” she challenged again, still mocking him. He shifted uneasily. Her face creased in concentration, she glared at him and started lifting her arms at her side, palms facing upwards and elbows slightly bent. He was getting very uneasy. What is she doing? She flung her hands towards her face and said “Boo!” He jumped so high, well as high as he could in the bus.

I couldn’t contain my laughter. Everyone looked at me; I shrunk back, trying to stop my laugh. I succeeded, but just. He got a fright, and a big one. LOL. But why do I recognize that look on her face?

Flashback

Oh wait, no time for that. This is way too interesting. But... could it be her? No it couldn't be. She died a long time ago.

“I still intimidate you, don I?” She asked him

----------------Claire’s POV------------------

“I still intimidate you, don I?” I asked Darren. I do intimidate him, but he is too stubborn to admit it. He always tries to pick on me, but it always ends the same way, him retreating embarrassed with his tail in between his legs. He blames me for making a fool of him, but the truth is that he does it to himself.

“You wish.” He tried to say boldly, but he was shaking. He thinks he’s so tough, but the sad truth is; he’s not. A smirk appeared on my face.

“You’re lying!” I said.

“What's going on in there?” I heard Principal Baker yelling outside the bus. Thank goodness for super senses, especially hearing. Sometimes being a “freak” comes in handy. Just as Principal Baker walked in I started my Plan of action.

“Please Darren,” I pleaded, “I’ll give you all my lunch money, just please don’t beat me up.” I shrank back, tears threatening to flee. A look of confusion crossed Darren’s Face.

“My office now! Darren Rodnell, you’re going somewhere you won’t need Claire’s lunch money. DETENTION!” Mr. Baker yelled at him. Darren glared at me accusingly, I just snickered at him. He better learn his lesson this time round, ‘cause next time I’ll make him wish he was never born.

The rest of the day everyone avoided me, except for Tristian. I wonder how long that will last. Today was a record, I only heard two people call me a “Freak”, but they quickly scuffled along when I glared at them. But their rejection was still like a dagger to the heart. After school Tristian caught up to me.

“Hey Claire.” He greeted.

“Hi Tristian.” I returned.

“I hope I'm not imposing, but could you please tell me why everyone calls you a...” He paused.

“A freak.” I finished for him.

“Well, Yeah.”

Should I tell him the truth or should I make excuses.

“I’ll tell you some other time.” I chose excuses. “My lift is here anyway.” After I said it my brother’s car drove through the gate.

“So you’re not taking the bus?” He asked me.

“No, Dimbo. I'm not taking the bus.” I answered him with a smile. Males, can’t live with them, can’t live without them. My back was towards my brother’s car, he opened his mouth to call me.

“Relax! I'm coming now Alex! Just chill!” I yelled at my brother, Alex.

“Don’t get your panties in a knot.” I finished quietly.

“Hey! I heard that!” He yelled at me.

That was the point. I thought.

“I’ll get you for that!” He continued.

I glared at him and his car stalled.

“Claire, now look what you did?” He accused in a teasing tone.

I just ignored him.

“Gosh. What a relationship you two have.” Tristian commented.

“Yeah.” I replied, “And I always win.” I smiled. I heard my brother’s car start again.

“Bye Tristian.”

I hopped into my brother’s car and drove away before Tristian had the time to return the farewell.

_________________________________________

Tnx guys for reading. I appreciate you all.

So I edited this chapter and added some things that are important. I have had a terrible case of writers block but now I have kinda overcome it.