Chapter 32: Early Morning

TW: Slight spoiler of season two of Young Royals

Author's note: I had to guys, I just had to. I love Young Royals and Heartstopper, this was very necessary.

"This-" Charlie passionately points at our TV screen, "I can already tell that this is going to be painful

"This-" Charlie passionately points at our TV screen, "I can already tell that this is going to be painful." We're currently beginning season two of Young Royals. The second that the season was released on Netflix, Charlie began to beg me to watch it. We've been meaning to for quite some time, but since we're adults, our schedules don't always make room for binging a show. Regardless, here we are, doing exactly that.

I sleepily stretch, "Should I grab you a tissue box?"

Char playfully slaps my arm, "only for you, I'll be just fine!"

"That's very rich of you to say considering that you just went, 'I can already tell that this is going to be painful'." When I'm mocking Charlie I put on a funny voice, which he doesn't appreciate. He's quick to comically pout at me.

Episode one is already off to a promising start, (as expected.) It kicked off with Wilhelm locking himself in his late brother, Eric's room as he rightfully ignored his mother's pleading. From there it escalated as Wille reminisced, allowing anger to take over him the second that August entered his mind. A lighter flicked to life, and he began to burn a photo of Eric and August together without hesitation. And so, like always, a perfect song began to play. Fuck, this show is agonizing, yet so addicting.

Charlie's face quickly crumpled at the sight of Wilhelm being the definition of angst. However, it didn't crumple with emotion...but attraction? Before the scene could change, I paused the show. My fiancé was quick to look at me, offended that I'd dare to do that. "Admit it," I stifled back a laugh, "you're into Wille." Defiant, my curly-haired lover crosses his arms. Despite his protests, it makes sense that he would be. Think about it, for starters, both Wille and I are quote on quote, 'humanized golden retrievers'. To me, that's good enough of a point to prove that I'm right. Also, Wilhelm has sun-kissed hair, and he just can't get enough of Simon. (Simon is my Charlie.) Plus, Wilhelm has realized that the people surrounding him were shit and that it isn't worth being accepted by them if he's not being accepted for being his true self. Obviously, there are some differences between us, but I still believe that I have a strong case.

The look of acceptance washes across Char's face, "okay fine, but then you have to admit that you're at least a little attracted to Simon. We're so alike!" Okay fair enough, he's right. His pretty smile, his affinity to music, his sea of black curls. I put my hands up in defeat, unpausing the show as I do so, "touché."

Although I'm paying attention to the episode, my mind is also elsewhere. Charlie is laying on me, allowing me to breathe in the scent of his shampoo. The way that his arms are tucked beside his torso, and the way that his hands are hiding underneath the sleeves of his sweater, make him look unbelievably cuddly. Is this really what my life has come to? Like I'm not dreaming? I'm actually living in a gay fantasy world.