Chapter 19: Halloween

Author's note: First off, I want to apologize for disappearing on you guys. I seriously didn't see myself going MIA for a bit, but then things got hectic, so I just couldn't find the time to sit down and write something that I was proud of. I'd never want to just put out content to put it out, (if that makes any sense?) So yeah, I'm sorry, and I do hope that this chapter isn't too disappointing lolll <3

 I'd never want to just put out content to put it out, (if that makes any sense?) So yeah, I'm sorry, and I do hope that this chapter isn't too disappointing lolll <3

Alice is always supplying us with the cutest content 😭🤭

Rummaging through the bowl of candy, I manage to grasp a handful and then plop it into the final kid's bag, "Happy Halloween!" We're barely an hour and a half in and we've almost finished a whole bag. Luckily, I splurged and bought a ton. Relaxing behind me on the couch in our living room, a hotter version of Batman speaks up. "You gotta stop being so generous." I whip around after shutting our front door, heading for the second bag filled to the brim with wrapped, sugary goodness. "You're no fun", I joke, dumping the candy into our ridiculously large candy bucket.

Lily adjusts her head's positioning, laying it on 'Bruce Wayne's' lap, somehow mistaking it for a pillow. "Lies. Charlie, you of all people know how fun I can be." His response leaves me speechless, flustered even. As much as I'd love to let Nick prove himself to be right, (like I know he will), there's still a few hours until our door stops getting knocked on, and our doorbell stops ringing. I don't know about him, but I'd rather save that for later tonight when we'll have more than a few minutes to have fun. Rushing to put my costume back on as I grab the bowl of candy, and then proceeding to book it to the front door is never fun. So for now, I'll have to push those thoughts to the side...and so will Nick.

"It would be so fun to dress up our baby for Halloween!" I nonchalantly state, not thinking about how serious my casual statement was considering it has to do with Nick and I becoming fathers to a human being one day. Prior to my words, Nick had been in and out of sleepiness, still responding and talking, but tiredly. However, with my comment now floating around in the air my boyfriend seems to be wide awake. "Huh?" He blinks a few times, nearly choking on his spit. I don't reply since yet another band of children appears at our door. Not shell-shocked, unlike her father, Lily greets the kids at the door with a rapidly wagging tail. I swear, one day she's going to whip that tail of hers side to side so fast that it'll break off.

Yet another "Happy Halloween!" escapes my mouth as I shut the door once again. The sudden touch of warm hands on my waist startles me, causing me to slightly flinch. Nick is looking down at me, a happy grin mixed with a smirk on his face. "Someone's getting into character." I softly announce, having been surprised by his sudden appearance behind me. He doesn't say a word, instead, he nibbles at my ear, caressing my ass while he's at it. A pained groan comes out of me. Now I'm feeling conflicted, do I head upstairs with Nick or make a good impression this Halloween? I want our neighbors to like us. Besides, I didn't buy a ton of bags filled to the brim with full-sized candy bars for nothing.

Just as suddenly as his tender touch begins, it ends. Outraged by his boldness I playfully punch him, "asshole." And as if things couldn't get worse he outright snatches the pumpkin-shaped bowl of candy from me, "that's what you get for making my head go bonkers, Mr. Sly With The Baby Talk." I couldn't help but laugh, that baby comment of mine wasn't meant to start a conversation, I just said what had come to my mind at that moment. There was no real thought put into what I said, I just said it. Apparently, Nick had immediately blasted into freak-out mode.

He cocks an eyebrow at me, our height and build difference now growing extra apparent to me,  "What?" I'm looking up at him, my eyes quickly taking notice that his facial structure is perfectly jutting out of the mask. "They should've casted you to be Batman, not Robert Pattinson." My lover respectfully disagrees, rightfully telling me that I'd miss seeing a very hot and disturbed Robert on screen.

As expected, I agree with his statement.

"No, but seriously, why are you looking at me like that?" With his words I look away from him, proceeding to glide towards our couch, as gracefully as a cat would. Now I'm in character. Feeling the costume, and let's admit it; feeling horny. Nick snatches me by the waist,  "Don't make me handle you roughly, love." Heat quickly overtook my body as I tried to get words to leave my mouth. Shit, as much as I wanted to deny it the intense blaze burning in my body felt heavenly. That costume is giving him too much confidence...but I'm not complaining.

There's nothing more attractive and wholesome than a genuine man, so I'm pretty sure that's why I love having deep conversations with Nick. He's just so...woah. "I don't know, there's just something cute about you getting all freaked out about me bringing up us being fathers." Nick's current attitude slips away to be replaced by a look of sincerity. As I sort of zone out, trying to collect myself because he had gotten me sexually frustrated, my boyfriend responds. "Oh, yeah I just didn't expect you to dish that out, it was very random..but don't think that I don't want to start a family with you! It's just that we aren't married yet, so I haven't put too much thought into what comes afterward." I softly nod, smiling at him, thinking about how I'd marry him anywhere and at any time.

Hell, I don't need anything fancy, I just need to be marrying Nicholas Nelson.

From there we carry on with taking turns handing out candy, and at times making out like we're back in high school, being gay in bathroom stalls and empty classrooms during lunch. If I wasn't such an anxious person I would pop the question tonight, but in all fairness, I don't have the ring on me. I mean, how would I hide it in this bodysuit? And where would I hide it? Something tells me that I'm going to consult Tao...and maybe Elle. Actually, let's face it, I'll have to talk to both of them because they'll spill what I said to the other one anyways. Those two love to gossip about my love life and then shove their tongues down each other's throats.

Okay...now I'm acting like Nick and I don't do the same.

However, in all fairness, who doesn't tell their significant other everything? After all, your partner is meant to be your best friend, (my drum set is a close second behind Nick though, let that be known.) Oh boy, I had no idea that adulting was scarier than Halloween. I'm really going to whip out a ring, not freak out, and then proceed to go on a tangent so that I can finally be like "will you marry me?" Yeah, again, that's a spooky thought. How the hell do characters in books and tv shows always casually do it?!

 How the hell do characters in books and tv shows always casually do it?!

(Me too, Nick, me too)

Author's note: Wait....are Nick and Charlie BOTH planning on proposing?! 😱🤫 I've always felt that they'd both intend to propose, so because I have the power to make that happen in my book I've decided that it will. I wonder who will attempt to first though....because it's one thing to have the ring, and the idea in mind, but it's another to go for it. DUN, DUN, DUN! Also, I've decided to save smut for their engagement and wedding! So it's up to you guys to imagine how the couple ended their Halloween night 😂