If it was up to me, I wouldn't bother to invest because it would be a waste. But, I was asked to and I couldn't say no to the person. Hence, why I'm here.

A hand placed on the small of my back snapped me out of our staring contest, thankfully saving me from her choking perfume. God, that's such a strong scent. I would've been suffocated had I been subjected to it for a couple of minutes more.

Nonetheless, I pushed those thoughts away as I looked up, my gaze instantly clashing with my husband's. Imran's hand on my back rubbed soothing circles there, as his lips stretched into a smile. I'm certain the posture and look between us is making the press crazy.

And I was right. Because I could swear the flashes doubled that of earlier. Of course, they love seeing our relationship more than anything. It's perfect. How could they not be interested?

That of course doesn't change the feel of someone glaring at me. I could feel it, and I know where it's coming from. Do I care though? Not in the slightest.

Basma's eyes could fall off for all I care.

No words were exchanged between us, as the three of us, along with the other business partners that joined for the final pictures to be taken, turned around. This action went on for about two more minutes, before we all decided to step into the building, signifying the official opening, and the beginning of a new story.

Oh, and I can already tell what the headlines tomorrow will be.

~*~

I was right. I almost always am.

It didn't even reach the next day though. Because only a couple of hours after all that, and just as I was about to retire for the night—a beep sound came from my phone. Straightening my spine, I pushed the duvet off the lower half of my body and moved my legs off the bed.

The screen had already come to life, and from a simple glance at it, I already had an inkling what the message could be about. Nonetheless, I extended my hand to pick up the device, and then went on to unlock it to view the message.

A link. Nothing more.

It was pretty self-explanatory though—because its heading already gave away whatever is enclosed in it. Still, I went on to tap the link which instantly logged me out of the messaging app, and onto the web.

It only took a few seconds, before the web-page came to life.

'Nailah Zayed, heir to Zayed Corporation, and husband, Imran Hadi, President of Hadi Groups attends the opening of Basma Wambai's new store to symbolize their new partnership.'

Store? I couldn't help but wonder. I believe the word is too little to explain whatever it is she set up. The building alone could easily pass for an apartment, or a mall of some sort. So, calling it a 'store' is an understatement.

Besides, knowing her, I'm certain she wanted them to give it a big term. She wouldn't want to be associated with something small anyway. My best guess is; they would change the heading in only a matter of hours. She won't stand that, trust me.

Underneath the writing, a picture of she and I was attached, and I could tell from the first glance that her smile was as fake as mine. If anything, mine at least looked a bit real, hers wasn't.

And following that was a picture of I and Imran. Like I speculated earlier, they used the pictures they took from when I looked up to meet his gaze. I'd give it to them, the picture looks great. But truth be told, our pictures together almost always are. This is no different.

From this point, I knew whatever I'd read and see would be opposite of what it actually is. Still, I found myself scrolling to read whatever ridiculous story they cooked up to make the truth way more appealing than it actually is.