𝟎𝟐𝟑. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐄

What do you do when your best friends gothy sister asks you to help her? Nothing. Do nothing. I was excited at first then I figured out that she was...

woah. Getting ahead of myself let's rewind shall we?

I pulled on a black puffa jacket over my ripped jeans and baggy black top and snuck out of the school gates where I was greeted by my boyfriend, thorn, wednesday and bianca.

"follow me, you're going to hide behind some pillars until i say the signal," Wednesday started walking and she said all of her words in that familiar monotone voice.

"which is?" Ajax asked holding my hand for reassurance, he was probably scared.

"who said I was coming alone," she muttered then stopped infront of a temple looking thing and pointed to where we were supposed to hide.

I turned to ajax and smiled my canines evident on the night before the blood moon. "You're going to be fine," I squeezed his hand and ran behind the stone statue in the middle with thorn and bianca.

"y'all are cuteee," Thorn said in a sing-song voice and I glared at her but broke it eventually with a small chuckle.

I heard hushed voices and then i heard wednesday say the signal louder than she was saying things before. We all stepped out from behind the stone statue arms crossed glaring daggers at barista boy.

"you put me in fucking stitches you bitch!" I yelled at tyler making sure to spit as far as i could hoping to hit his goofy ass face.

We then headed to xaviers cabin thingy full of art and strapped him down to the chair.

"so, what now?" I asked staring at tyler with a tilted head. "we torture him until he cracks," She said grabbing two tasers and holding them close to his body.

"what? no! i'm out, wednesday this is too far," I put my hands up in in surrender and left the cabin shaking my head.

꧁☾∞☾꧂

The next thing I knew I was running after my sister into the woods.

"enid!" I yelled chasing after her. She fell. Then something happened that made me break out into a wide grin. She'd wolfed out.

Then my head snapped towards shouts of pain and terror, Enid followed them without a second thought making me follow after her.

"enid stop! it's dangerous!" I followed but I wasn't fast enough to catch up with her. "enid!" I yelled even louder.

The next events were kind of insane and blurry. Enid fought to protect Wednesday resulting in being bashed up by the hyde. I lost my anger wolfing out myself to try and save her.

Enid got thrown aside and Wednesday made a break for it heading off to save nevermore from it's demise. I jumped onto the hyde's back biting down on its fleshy skin and running my claws down it's body.

I kicked it down to the ground holding it's chin down with my arms. It all seemed to be happening slow motion.

It's huge fist raising to punch me in my jaw. I got knocked backwards into the ground before I charged at ramming my head in its bare stomach and forcing it into a tree trunk.

It's limp body rested against the tree as it de-transformed into the poor innocent boy that had been manipulated by such a demented woman.

I transformed back into a human. Blood was matted in my hair and some stitches had popped open but it wasn't that painful.

I crouched down to meet face to face with the boy.

"i'm so sorry, i'm going to help you," I whispered running my thumb against his jaw and then standing up to rush to my sister.

She was limp and covered in blood but I wrapped her arm around my neck and carried her half concious body to the crowds of people infront of the gates of the school.

Enid managed to fully awake herself running off to the crowd leaving me alone to walk in the woods.

Ajax looked around from the crowd before spotting me and rushing over tripping over himself in the process.
When he reached me he pulled me into him hugging me tightly.

I cried softly into his blazer wrapping my arms around his neck.

"you're okay," he whispered into my hair making me cave in deeper into his body.

"I love you," I whispered into his shoulder.

"i love you too," He said pulling away and grabbing my hand leading me over to the crowd of people outside the gates.

"wait where's wednesday?" Enid looked around tears starting to form in her eyes.

"thorn!" I called into the night sky side hugging ajax so i could stand properly.

4 figures emerged from the smoke.

wednesday, xavier, thorn and bianca.

Enid rushed over to wednesday and hugged her crying heavily. Wednesday pulled away and looked at her blankly almost angrily before pulling her in again.

Enid sobbed into her shoulder before kissing her on the lips. I cheered loudly and the crowds joined in.

cute couple.

Then I pushed ajax away and ran to thorn. There was an arrow wound in her hand as if she'd been shot and I pulled her close into me hugging her gently.

"If you died i would've cried for weeks," I whispered still hugging her and resting my chin on her shoulder.

"baby girl," I whispered after a while to fill the silence.

And that's the end.
This is actually quite sad for me I loved this book.

I'm sorry if this chapter was rushed/boring/short but i'm planning a new book that i'm very excited to write.

I'll give you a hint.

evelyn x thorn

🤭

Thank you for all the love and support i really appreciate it.

stay tuned for my next book 👀

-valerie <333