𝟎𝟎𝟖. 𝐖𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐊𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐊𝐒

As I walked into the nevermore gates iI saw Ajax running around frantically and I smiled. When he saw me he ran over and hugged me for about 2 seconds.

"I thought you'd been kidnapped or even like killed by that weirdo monster." He sounded like he was hyperventilating so I hugged him again my head resting on his collarbone.

"calm down." I muttered into his neck and his breathing steadied. I stepped back from him and we just kind of stared at eachother for a bit.

He coughed awkwardly. "so like what did you want to tell me earlier?" he asked looking anywhere but my eyes.
"I was just gonna rub it in your face that my team won the poe cup!" I said through giggles the sorrow from the therapy session slowly melting away.

"wow. not cool evelyn." he said trying to keep a straight face. "i know i'm sorry." I pouted fakely and he supressed one short laugh.

"anyway where were you?" he asked curiously giving me the side-eye as we walked through the courtyard to the front door of the school.

shit. shit. There was no way I was going to tell Ajax that I need therapy he would get all worried and stuff. Especially since it'll make him feel guilty. Like he wasn't a good friend, which was the complete opposite.

Think of an answer you dumbass

"oh, just getting a hot chocolate from the weathervane."

nailed that. good job me.

"well someone told me you went to weems office?" He asked me as we walked into the entrance and up the stairs.

nevermind. not good job me.

"wanted to ask permission so I didn't get in more trouble than I already was." I side smiled at him as he stared at me from the side.

saved.

"should've invited me." he laughed and I did aswell except mine was fake. "yeah, but you seemed kind of busy with bianca and that." I muttered spitefully practically spitting when I said Bianca's name.

He turned to me and grabbed my wrists. "your actually mad at me for that?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows nervously.

"no, I was kidding keep your pants on." He sighed in relief and then walked up some more stairs with me until we got to the door of dhalia dorm.

"anyway see you later." I said as I opened my dorm door. "who am I supposed to hang out with now?" He asked and I smiled. It gave me butterflies when he only wanted to hang out with me.

woah. woah. what the hell was that.

"I don't know. Xavier or your girlfriend Enid." I smirked when I said that but it made something hurt when I did.

"she's not my girlfriend." he replied quickly and I just nodded slowly. "oh please I see the way you look at eachother i'm not blind." then I closed the door on him and I saw him through the glass throwing his hands in the air and going to the stairs.

I walked over to my bed and sat down getting my headphones out and putting them around my neck.

I'm doing the exact thing dr knibott said not to do. I mean...I was just social there...wasnt I?

That's when thorn walked in the room with xavier practically attached to her hip his arm around her neck. She sat him on her bed and I just stared at her.

Then I stood up and walked over to her. "Did you do this? Go on Girlboss!" I said excitedly clapping her mentally in my head. She sent me a smile and then shook her head.

"Conrad Brewer did, so I punched him." She said casually and I gaped at her. This girl really is a girlboss

"woah but during out late night girl talks you said you hated ponytail boy here." I reached out to his hair and twirled it round my finger before dropping it. "and were friends with connie boy."

"Okay evelyn shush and shoo." she pushed me away so far I landed on my bed. I pouted and rolled my eyes but then sat up against my headboard knees up and put my headphones on my head. Listening to lovely by billie eilish.

wow this song hits different when your actually "all alone".

꧁☾∞☾꧂

"What! The L word already?" I gasped as I squirted some fancy japanese moisturiser onto my hand and applyed it to my face in the mirror.

"I know, but he was talking about burning the world for me and it just seemed to romantic to not say the L word, but he didn't seem to care. He said it back." She gossiped to me as she smoothed her face-mask down on her face.

"Damn girl he's a keeper!" I laughed, "so you have a date to the rave'N now?" I turned to her grinning widely excited for my roomie.

"I think i'm going to say i'm sick for outreach day, though. I cannot be bothered for that, from what i've heard it's a hellhole. I'll just say one of my cuts got infected or something." She shrugged and I nodded at her.

"I will too, I'll say you got an illness and gave it to me. I know how to make us look pale and how to make our lips look dry, and I can make fake bowl of sick. I've faked being sick many, many times," I assured her and we high-fived happily.

She turned on her hairdryer and blew it all over her face so her mask dried quicker before she peeled it off and dropped it in the bin.

"okay so set a timer for 6:00am tomorrow so we have time to do the fake sick, makeup and make the fake sick." she reminded me and I nodded hurridly.

"doing it now!" I called out to her.

She got into her bed and tucked herself under the blankets turning the lamp off beside her bed. I did the same thing and drifted off into sleep. So excited I finally have someone to hang out with me on outreach day.

my two favourite besties 😍
anyway so if you guys skipped over the A/N go read it because it has my posting schedule.

I might not always follow it though because I need to wait for chapters from my friend maeveiscrying begore I write my own

i love you all sm and thank you for reading!

-valerie <3